TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: My second mix posted - Look

Post by TwelveHundred »

blockup wrote:
Harrison wrote:
beginner wrote: Jay Tripwire - Acid Babies
This is why certain DJ's have stopped allowing there sets be recorded, because as soon as its been released on the internet everybody wants to know the track listing. All the DJ's hard work to search out new traxx to entertain us is lost instantly...Some of it is ridiculous especially English DJ's playing things like Dan Andrei's Romanian folk re-rub 'Balada Conducatorului' or RV's 'Tiganii'...

Next they'll be banning phones from clubs to stop people recording clips.

Go into a record shop pick up a pile of 12's go to a deck and start discovering for yourself.
I feel you on this one...
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: My second mix posted - Look

Post by Harrison »

blockup wrote:
Harrison wrote:
beginner wrote: Jay Tripwire - Acid Babies
great track
Lurking around the request thread and downloading records that RPR have hunted out does not make a good DJ.
when did i say it did make a good DJ? i merely said great track.

sorry for liking a track that you have heard raresh play. how unoriginal of me... :roll:
blockup

Post by blockup »

beginner wrote:Thanks guys for the feedback...
And now for blockhead...90% of the tracks are discovered from beatport mate, check beatport..they are there...for everyone..! so.....whats your point...if rpr or other big names used these tracks just before they appeared on the market (because they get them ureleased sometimes), when they are released we cannot use them anymore, even if i like them? yea i know u will say be original or whatever, im not richie hawtin dude im just a kid who likes house music and this are my tastes, so whats the problem?
My point was that these tracks have been on the market for quiet a while and are far from being unreleased. And it was just an observation that these very tracks are the ones being played by RPR and are the ones being discussed on Track ID threads, and are now the ones peppering your two sets on this site. If it wasn't for RPR digging these older house tracks out then i believe you wouldn't be playing them now.

Check the release dates.

Skoozbot - Forkerror
Mood II swing - the slippery track (dano's pre-flight dub) 2001
Sweet N Candy - Down The Hatch
El Farouki - Green Aqua
kabale & lauhaus - makake
Jay Tripwire - Acid Babies - 2003
Di Mouse - Love Stack
Ilario Alicante - Vacaciones en Chile
Deep Dish presents dc depressed - Come Back - 1995
Eddye Richards - Yeyo - 2001
Induceve - Monolevel - 2002

So what made you hunt out these older house tracks? As you obviously didn't pick them up when they were first released.

This is why you see less and less Ricardo/Luciano/RPR mixes on the internet, or if you do see them they are released a couple of months after the event. This is a FACT.

Blame the internet.

Before the internet was used for track ID's etc, it once took me 10 years to find out the name of a track that a DJ played one night. Now you can do it over night. I don't blame these DJ's for doing what they're doing as its them who've trawled through piles of late 90's tech-house B sides to find those bang on the money tracks...So you'd be a little pissed of if all these tracks suddenly started appearing in DJ's mixes literaly a week later.

Perhaps this is the way forward...

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
SABO
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SABO »

A case presented with evidence and all:
... and the jury's verdict: GUILTY a charged.
hehehe :D

...yeah one thing is to have your own taste and style and look for tracks that YOU like and love to play, not just because they are played by "insert super star dj name" , but because your style/taste is the criteria behind your selection, regardles of whether they are new or old.

I for one like to be on the look out for new tracks only (don't really like to go back in time) and love some of the classic tracks being played by RPR, Villalobos, Luciano, etc.. but I know that my style is different, and I rather play new tracks than old; just because thats what I like.

Anyways...develop your own style, it obvious (at least this last set) that most of the tracks were taken from other sets of Djs you admire; you don't want to be another (insert super star dj name) wannabe [...] there are a million already.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

SABO wrote:A case presented with evidence and all:
... and the jury's verdict: GUILTY a charged.
hehehe :D

...yeah one thing is to have your own taste and style and look for tracks that YOU like and love to play, not just because they are played by "insert super star dj name" , but because your style/taste is the criteria behind your selection, regardles of whether they are new or old.

I for one like to be on the look out for new tracks only (don't really like to go back in time) and love some of the classic tracks being played by RPR, Villalobos, Luciano, etc.. but I know that my style is different, and I rather play new tracks than old; just because thats what I like.

Anyways...develop your own style, it obvious (at least this last set) that most of the tracks were taken from other sets of Djs you admire; you don't want to be another (insert super star dj name) wannabe [...] there are a million already.
I concur, Sometimes I do like to play things that send the message with the vibe I want in a mix. Sometimes those selections can be more commercial. But, staying current is the real way to go for the most part. I suppose if you wanted to have a classic compilation, that might be different though.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Hello guys!

For all of you who have listened to beginner's first two mixes, and liked his style, please check out his exclusive mix coming up in Untitled Radio Show on the 20th May 2008 at 5 p.m. (GMT+1)!

Radio URL:
http://www.tribalmixes.org
http://www.tribalmixes.org/tribalmixes.m3u

At first listen this mix is a little different, with more housey grooves, and a little techy feeling to it, not the dark mnml, and perhaps with a little improved mixing! So if you have already commented his style and talents, please do so after this mix of his as well, so we can together bring something out of this little young fella'! :wink:

After show-time I will post a download link for his mix here as well!

Short intro of beginner (aka Deepsleep):

I was born in the spring of 1988, in a small town called Ramnicu Valcea, Romania. First time i listened to electronic music was in early 2001, when i discovered trance music. Later i started to listen some other genres of house like progressive and electro. Now i am into minimal and tech-house, with some deep-house influences.
My first track played on DJ's equipment was in 2007, when a good friend bought 2 Pioneed Cdj 1000mk3 and a Djm 400 mixer, it was just pure pleasure and fun. Few months later, I mixed in public for the first time at a local club, doing a warm-up. Then other parties came up, private parties and some at local clubs in my town.

Favorite DJ's and producers:
I really like the romanian ones, like Raresh, Pedro(Petre Inspirescu) and especially Rhadoo. Regarding foreign Dj's i really like Tom Ellis, Leif, and Vera.

Radio show info:
http://www.myspace.com/untitledshow

Thank you! :D
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
blockup

Post by blockup »

BeatBoxBaby wrote:Hello guys!

For all of you who have listened to beginner's first two mixes, and liked his style, please check out his exclusive mix coming up in Untitled Radio Show on the 20th May 2008 at 5 p.m. (GMT+1)!

Radio URL:
http://www.tribalmixes.org
http://www.tribalmixes.org/tribalmixes.m3u

At first listen this mix is a little different, with more housey grooves, and a little techy feeling to it, not the dark mnml, and perhaps with a little improved mixing! So if you have already commented his style and talents, please do so after this mix of his as well, so we can together bring something out of this little young fella'! :wink:

After show-time I will post a download link for his mix here as well!

Short intro of beginner (aka Deepsleep):

I was born in the spring of 1988, in a small town called Ramnicu Valcea, Romania. First time i listened to electronic music was in early 2001, when i discovered trance music. Later i started to listen some other genres of house like progressive and electro. Now i am into minimal and tech-house, with some deep-house influences.
My first track played on DJ's equipment was in 2007, when a good friend bought 2 Pioneed Cdj 1000mk3 and a Djm 400 mixer, it was just pure pleasure and fun. Few months later, I mixed in public for the first time at a local club, doing a warm-up. Then other parties came up, private parties and some at local clubs in my town.

Favorite DJ's and producers:
I really like the romanian ones, like Raresh, Pedro(Petre Inspirescu) and especially Rhadoo. Regarding foreign Dj's i really like Tom Ellis, Leif, and Vera.

Radio show info:
http://www.myspace.com/untitledshow

Thank you! :D

Hmmmmm! remember that PM you sent me???????
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Of course I do! But you didn't reply... :(

The initial step I did with this matter was stopping the publication of our radio show tracklists! :wink:

[ps: pm]
...:::I Looove this Place:::...