mnml maxi

Post by PETER PANN »

poor dj technique but great tracks
the fisherman fish fish
stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

ain't about the technique man.... never was, never will be...
The Hague...soulful city
strange
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by strange »

that is prob the most false statement i think i've ever read. the art of DJing is ALL about technique. musical AND technical. it ALWAYS has been. as far back as the hip hop dj goes and prob further back then that. and then from there into the electronic realm. larry levin was all about mixing technique. he wanted people to experience the music in a new way and created a new type of mixing technique inorder to allow the people to do so. if technique ment nothing then ANYONE could be a dj and play out at the clubs and we all know that THAT just isn't so. from musical selection to programing to mixing to reading the crowd... it's all technique.

that being said, move D is one of my favorite producers of all time. over the years i don't think i've ever heard ANYTHING from him that hasn't been good. he's not known as the best technical dj in the world but his track selection and vibe has always been great and his live PA is AMAZING!!

on another note, am i the only one that is having problems downloading this set?? have been using the direct download link and twice now it only lets me get about 3 or 4 MB's before finishing... if i remember correctly i had the same problem with ALL the other sets from this kulb k4 site as well. never was able to get any of them either. what gives??
strange
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by strange »

could someone please upload this to megaupload or raidshare or somewhere?? the klub k4 site doesn't work for me. for some reason it only lets me get like 5% or 7% done and then it just finishes. i've tried 4 times now and its the same. don't know what the problem is but it does this with the charles webster set and all the other ones i've ever tried to download from this site to... so megaupload or raidshare or something would be much appreciated!

thanks!
stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

strange wrote:
that being said, move D is one of my favorite producers of all time. over the years i don't think i've ever heard ANYTHING from him that hasn't been good. he's not known as the best technical dj in the world but his track selection and vibe has always been great and his live PA is AMAZING!!

of course there's some technique involved, but it ain't the key to a good set...the key (for me) is good music, good selection, feeling the vibe from the people and anticipate to it....if you judge a dj by his mixing, you're paying attention to the wrong thing...but this is my opinion about it...for me it's all about the music, and if you're mixing isn't on par, I don't give a damn...

"it isn't about the cat behind the turntables, but the cat on the turntables" - KDJ
The Hague...soulful city
strange
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by strange »

fare play. i pretty much feel the same. the music is what i go out to hear and i could really care less if the mixing is perfect or not (within reason ofcourse). i just thought i'd comment on your statement for arguments sake.... but i agree with you for sure!
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

strange
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by strange »

thanks codix!!