Racism on Beatport ???

- open
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

music has borders ?
it's sucks, music is everyone.
A artist are working always for that music (talent) arrive to everywhere.
if theses stores are blocking countrys, then what is sense of bussiness ?
fck beatport!! :x
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

I believe the label is deciding this, not beatport
Obtane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Obtane »

that's very odd.
the same problem with Lucidas EP was happened to a friend of mine on digital-tunes shop...
I bought it from digital-tunes with no troubles, I live just 100 kilometers from my friend...
:?:
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Beatport

Post by Dantron »

malle eppie wrote:I believe the label is deciding this, not beatport
So the labels are racist (and sexist)?
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

We all know how frustrating these restrictions can be.

A lot of our employees are DJs from all ends of the spectrum- from basement DJs, to club residents, to DJs who have toured all over the world. Even our CEO Jonas Tempel holds a residency on Saturday nights at Beta, and regularly tours with Bad Boy Bill. And those of us who don’t fall into the DJ category are at the very least, electronic music afficionados. So we all know how frustrating it can be to listen to a track that you absolutely love, only to find out that it’s not available in your territory.

As many of you may already know, these restrictions have always been around, but were just not as noticeable as they are today. For example, in the past when you went into a record store to buy your music you only had access to what the distributors were allowed to sell. Similarly, the agreements that we have made with our labels can limit the areas where a release may be sold if it is already available by another, more prominent label in those regions. Release dates can vary from label to label as well. Some releases that are available in all territories may not be available everywhere at the same time. In fact, a lot of the limitations that we deal with now are still based on standards that were set by physical distribution. We are working hard to change some of these outdated practices, however, we always try to keep in mind and respect the fact that our labels are trusting us with their most valuable asset.

At the end of the day we are all here for the music, and we would love to see worldwide rights on all tracks. Until that is possible, we feel that keeping a more extensive label catalog brings us one step closer to reaching our goal. For the time being, we recommend looking for territory restricted tracks under the "ALL" search function. Sometimes the tracks will share rights with another label which is available in your region.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

racism is the wrong terminology for all of this...
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

lol - of course, the word is discrimination
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
:regi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by :regi »

vermi wrote:on bleep.com you get $ if you just use an us proxy...

but too much work for nothing imo.. but might be that someone wants to do it though
for nothing?? 1.99$ is quite different from 1.99€... :(