a dj sneak rant on his blog on myspace

- open
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

sneak is always a jak in book and always will be. too bad he moved out of chicago, myabe thats why he cant find real house music :lol:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

did you think I sat and counted them by hand....

easy ruff rider... I was curious.. and it took about 30 seconds to count..

control (f) - typed - house - next , next , next = 30...

:?
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Much as I like some of Sneaks records, he's just joined the - we like it the way it was before you cats took over our party bandwagon that seems to be coming from the oldschool American techno/House brigade right now, and has been goign on for far too long.

You don't see the boys from Kraftwerk giving it,

Wir sprechen als DJ Sneak, Derrik carter, Jeff Mills (My German is sh!t so I'll continue in English) these cats who took our electronic sound and made it all 'soulful' and 'funky' calling it house, when it's really electro etc etc..

Seems to be a bit of a trend - no one's interested in us anymore (possibly cos they ain't making good music anymore) so we'll just slag off the new cats on the scene and try and use a guilt trip to make people come back over and listen to us.

There seems to be a lot of that sort of chat levelled at the minimal scene right now, I read that Drexcia interview for example going on about how Hawtin never played model 500 or UR tracks when he came over to play Detroit, and that this wasn't showing respect etc but lets face it,

you have the newest cuts from DBX, Speedy J, LFO etc which is raw, far out and kicking, and you have fairly ploddy, 'soulful' detroit house/techno

what you gonna play ?

And besides, these were affiliates of his, this was 'his sound' (or more like their sound) should he have played to stroke a few ego's of a bunch of producers that were more hype than substance (yes I'm talking about UR and the rest of them here - and I don't give a C@ck if it's disrespectful).

Mike Banks has said on record that folk were jealous of Hawtin because of his Talent, and I quite believe it, listen to the production and look at the general prtesentation of sheet one and musik, compare with some of the old UR presses - listen to the production - and also note the fact that Hawtin as plastikman is pushing a truly unique and original sound whereas UR tended to slam in a lot of 'soul' and disco influences and then ask yourself, which is more techno in the true sense of the word....

Do machines have a soul ?

Did Kraftwerk write blissed out 'soulful house' ?

No - so f@ck em, F@ck detroit, f@ck Chicago, F@ck DJ sneak (but cheers for the decent records you did) and f@ck the haters that would step on the future to make themselves into legends.

It's selfish, egotistical wank, techno / electronic symbolised a lot of stuff, which had nothing to do with individual egos or keeping a sound which was supposed to be inspired by the future , in the past.
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

AVX23 wrote:Much as I like some of Sneaks records, he's just joined the - we like it the way it was before you cats took over our party bandwagon that seems to be coming from the oldschool American techno/House brigade right now, and has been goign on for far too long.

You don't see the boys from Kraftwerk giving it,

Wir sprechen als DJ Sneak, Derrik carter, Jeff Mills (My German is sht so I'll continue in English) these cats who took our electronic sound and made it all 'soulful' and 'funky' calling it house, when it's really electro etc etc..

Seems to be a bit of a trend - no one's interested in us anymore (possibly cos they ain't making good music anymore) so we'll just slag off the new cats on the scene and try and use a guilt trip to make people come back over and listen to us.

There seems to be a lot of that sort of chat levelled at the minimal scene right now, I read that Drexcia interview for example going on about how Hawtin never played model 500 or UR tracks when he came over to play Detroit, and that this wasn't showing respect etc but lets face it,

you have the newest cuts from DBX, Speedy J, LFO etc which is raw, far out and kicking, and you have fairly ploddy, 'soulful' detroit house/techno

what you gonna play ?

And besides, these were affiliates of his, this was 'his sound' (or more like their sound) should he have played to stroke a few ego's of a bunch of producers that were more hype than substance (yes I'm talking about UR and the rest of them here - and I don't give a C@ck if it's disrespectful).

Mike Banks has said on record that folk were jealous of Hawtin because of his Talent, and I quite believe it, listen to the production and look at the general prtesentation of sheet one and musik, compare with some of the old UR presses - listen to the production - and also note the fact that Hawtin as plastikman is pushing a truly unique and original sound whereas UR tended to slam in a lot of 'soul' and disco influences and then ask yourself, which is more techno in the true sense of the word....

Do machines have a soul ?

Did Kraftwerk write blissed out 'soulful house' ?

No - so f@ck em, F@ck detroit, f@ck Chicago, F@ck DJ sneak (but cheers for the decent records you did) and f@ck the haters that would step on the future to make themselves into legends.

It's selfish, egotistical wank, techno / electronic symbolised a lot of stuff, which had nothing to do with individual egos or keeping a sound which was supposed to be inspired by the future , in the past.
yea!!! cheers to that! (raises heineken beer).

btw, this is the same guy that would always wear that shirt that reads "fck trance".
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

you should be dissed for calling heineken "beer" :lol:

Although we all know Sneak is a bit of a narcistic soul (but then again, aren't all these detroit/chicago types a bit, maybe too many years of people blowing smoke up their ass). If you want to enjoy more of this, try and look up the ramblings of Franky Bones on discogs boards, that's really hilarious.

But in between the lines Sneak does make some good points, in the sense that it all has gotten a bit too serious and 'business". I am old enough to remember that people didn't have to wear this or that or have to look this or that to enter a club or be part of a scene or whatever. We just put a sound system on a truck, parked it under a bridge in the middle of nowhere, and gave flyers to who ever we saw on the party's we visited, and that was that. And when the generator was empty, the turntable stopped and the dj jumped of to fill it again with a "jerry can" of gas, and on the party went :) :) :)
Sometimes I feel it was more fun then, with dj's who played good music but weren't well known and who didn't ask thousands of euros.
So in a sense, I can understand the nostalgia. But that doesn't mean the scene has become less exciting, it's just different. Evolution baby.
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

AVX23 wrote: you have the newest cuts from DBX, Speedy J, LFO etc which is raw, far out and kicking, and you have fairly ploddy, 'soulful' detroit house/techno

what you gonna play ?
All of them!
AVX23 wrote: No - so f@ck em, F@ck detroit, f@ck Chicago,
FCK Detroit. You are seriously misguided and need to wake up. I may agree with some things said in this thread about the egos of some producers and djs, but without Detroit you have nothing..........

Please proceed to the link for re-education training thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSX_r0u3uzE
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

TAKE HIM TO DETROIT!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09GtnWdBjc :twisted:
Where where where am I? Who who am I?