serato/ NI traktor scratch/final scratch ???

- ask away
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

From what I understand, Serato does not rewire natively with Ableton, but Torq does and is half the price.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

sauce wrote:From what I understand, Serato does not rewire natively with Ableton, but Torq does and is half the price.
thnx

I'll check out Torq
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

i'd go torq, but a comp should be fine if its fast running a few efx vsts and serato or whatever
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

just ordered traktor scratch, which is the best solution for me, played with serato previously at a couple of gigs, it's great, but only if you're happy with what it does ..

to answer your questions ..

Q: Can I still use my technics to spin normal vinyls without the computer on or without deconnecting the hardware?

A: With traktor Scratch you can, because of the cables that comes with em you don't have to have the interface connected or on at all, nor your computer with you, to play regular vinyl.

Q: Can I route the sound of the vinyl true the computer to add some effects?
And are these effects sync?

A: Yes you can, with Traktor Scratch, you can do it in different ways. You can have an insert effect on every deck inside the software, but you can also use two of the other inputs/outputs of the Audio 8 (interface) for send/returns or inserts, depending on your mixer. The send-effects will stay in sync if your latency is low enough ...

Don't forget that you can use the other two stereo ins and outs with ableton, mash out loops ets, on the same computer ... no hawtinish-doulbe-lappy setup here ..

IMHO Traktor Scratch is the best solution right now ... The big boys (hawtin & bug as i've hear of) are converting to it, so it's only a time before it becomes no1
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

cool
thnx for the info.
nikola baytala [KONTROL]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nikola baytala [KONTROL] »

traktor is really nice ...

the interface is much better design..

the sound card is nice and heavy ...durable and has a far superior sound quality over serato..

plus the cables they provide are much more quality as well (monster)... i know that monster is crap too! but at least ther not some china HOSA made crap like the serato cables

id go traktor
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

traktor scratch +1 8)
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Again i have owned both. And i can tell you sound quality isn't the same at all. Serato sounds a lot clearer than FS without any doubt.

What pushed me away from FS was the oh so bad customer support of NI. They do fantastic products, but buyers always end up being beta testers, and the last bug fix is usually a payable upgrade. So now i'm sticking to serato, and am receiving updates on an almost monthly basis.
FS is fun, but Serato is a better investment. imo.

depending on how much cash you have you might want to check rane ttm57sl, wich is basically a high quality 2 channel mixer, with serato built-in and effects!
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk