THOR!the new synth of reason is pro for minimal sound?

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:THIS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE. YOU MUST USE SOMETHING LIKE TC POWERCORE OR VIRUS INTERFACE WITH PRO TOOLS IN ORDER TO GET PROFESSIONAL RESULTS. ONLY THE PROS DO IT THIS WAY, BABY. START SAVING UP IF YOU WANT A RELEASE ON MINUS.
1. STOP YELLING
2. Not everyone wants to be on minus (or even likes the stuff on minus that much) :lol:
3. Prodigy, A Guy Called Gerald, Aux88, ... are all using reason, and I don't think they are not pros, are they...

Reason is pro software, it just takes time to get to know how to work with it. Just like in any other software pack actually...

Is Thor good for basslines: I'd say yes, it can virtually recreate about anything you want... Already managed to get some pretty deep sub-bass sounds out of it. But it's a pretty complicated piece of synth, so experimenting is the key I guess.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

u didn'd get the irony, dood ;)

I wouldn't go recommend something like modular synthesis to a total noob. It should b the other way around...

btw the last (or the one before) Prodigy album was produced entirely in Reason. Is that pro(digy) enough for you? :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

the 'entire prodigy album in reason' was a marketing trick. in liam's words - he 'composed' the parts of the tracks in reason but then in the studio everything went on analogue synths and pro tools.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

yeah I know all that...
it was just a marketing trick too ;)

so now u got the guy to search for pro tools and stuff when he rly should get his head around subtractor first...

shame :D
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

hahah no no.. hey guy, get you ass together and study reason before you buy pro tools! :D
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

s.k. wrote:hahah no no.. hey guy, get you ass together and study reason before you buy pro tools! :D
:D ok ok I meant "basic synthesis" not especially reason. But I think its a bit cheaper to get to know/study in reason than go out and buy a decent synth.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:THIS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE. YOU MUST USE SOMETHING LIKE TC POWERCORE OR VIRUS INTERFACE WITH PRO TOOLS IN ORDER TO GET PROFESSIONAL RESULTS. ONLY THE PROS DO IT THIS WAY, BABY. START SAVING UP IF YOU WANT A RELEASE ON MINUS.
I know a ton of pro producers that don't use hardware or pro tools. This guy is full of sh!t. I havetalked to at least twenty big name producers that use cubase, logic, ableton, buzz,and even digital performer. NO HARDWARE.

I hope that guy wasn't serious about that post.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

he wasnt
signatures suck