How to stay up to date with new minimal & techno release

- open
DJAXiS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DJAXiS »

Red Kite wrote:I recommend going to a record store and digging yourself through the news every week. That is, if there's a record store around you. If not you can still try online record stores and their news section.

Avoid sales charts, unless you're satisfied with playing what everybody else plays.

Well, and I guess there are a bit more new mnml/techno records around than d&b...

Oh yeah, DJing is work actually... :roll:
definatly! i just liked the control i had over all the dnb releases, i just had to scroll through the list from chemical every week to know whats new and thats it, guess thats different with minimal/tech hahaha
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Start listening to the popular names first and their other label mates, read tracklisting for sets and look up tracks, pick your favorite labels and keep up with their releases.

Read descriptions and whatever, listen to samples on beatport or any other site that sells mp3's...as I see it you don't actually have to put down cash to keep up with new releases, you can check all of them out online already before buying them...
DJAXiS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DJAXiS »

punchi wrote:Start listening to the popular names first and their other label mates, read tracklisting for sets and look up tracks, pick your favorite labels and keep up with their releases.

Read descriptions and whatever, listen to samples on beatport or any other site that sells mp3's...as I see it you don't actually have to put down cash to keep up with new releases, you can check all of them out online already before buying them...
yeh thats what i mean but whats the best website, together with beatport of course, that sells the most techno/minimal releases?

im not lazy by the way, i already lisen to a hell lot of sets and pick tunes out, surfing on the internet for labels i seem to like etc etc!
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

Juno & phonica if u live in the uk. most of the time i use these
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

well. i listen to almost all the new records at http://www.decks.de to find out new good sh!t. and some here in the labelssection (not much though...:)) sometimes it happens you miss some but its not often.
you probably will hear it somewhere anyway.

anyway im in classic mode right now so i just buy old and semi-new sh!t mainly from discogs that i should have bought before..
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

Discogs
tv
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tv »

You can also find good stuff on juno.co.uk from time to time. You can select which genre(s) you want their infomail on new releases to concern.

EDIT: sorry motf_118....missed your post :wink:
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

motf_118 wrote:Juno & phonica if u live in the uk. most of the time i use these
yes, either if u don't live in uk.
listen everything, remember names, labels and whatever else u like, put 'em in your brain.
and u definitely have to read daily release section here in mnml.nl.

good luck