5 , 4 , 3 ... techno

- open
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

hmm.. two years ago i thought neo-trance would be the next big thing. more spacey sounds, pads and melodic stuff. guess i was wrong.
those "brand-new-uk-stylez" like garage, 2step, grime, dubstep don't seem to last long either. at least drum n bass is still alive & kicking.
in my town they play something like neo-brighton-tech-house, but i have to travel really far to hear that stuff again. we're kinda the "last resort" for that music, i think.

the future lies in deep shadows. i havea feeling it will sound like mnml inflencd detroit techno. there could be some kind of weird disco-techno crossover too.

i don't know... tracks like 'heater' should be the future imho, cause they're so much fun, but they get bashed by the community. i still can't understand the reason.
dance music should be less "intelligent" and more "happy".

i want my rave-feeling back! :shock:
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Where it began... and, ultimately where it will end??!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mwG7nVj0Uo
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

i noticed it got more melodic in the recent past , and thank you jesus for those snares and hi-hats perfecly syncronised with the punching bass :)

but .. neo-brighton-tech-house !?!?!? how many genres are out there
:lol:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Im gonna make a mnml track with drums and fart noises over it.. y'know with reverb and all.
I will call it Smelly-tech-fart or Fart-core :D
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

or just FARTECH
but i guess that already exists :lol:
grave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by grave »

theres no way to predict that. would you have predicted that the return of us style house would be the next big thing?
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Celltek wrote:Im gonna make a mnml track with drums and fart noises over it.. y'know with reverb and all.
I will call it Smelly-tech-fart or Fart-core :D
haha, already done that :P watch out!
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

No mate, I do know techno history, and by no means does Techno have to be hard to fit into the Techno sound. And hard also does not necessarily mean fast, ok? Plastikman is undoubtedly Techno, but actually often slower than house tracks. It's the vibe he creates.

I mean when Mixmag talks about Techno, but uses examples like MANDY and Trentmoller. I mean when Beatport's Techno section includes people like Booka Shade, Guy gerber etc. These guys are not Techno.

The word Techno has been stretched and expanded to a huge extent in the last couple of years and is now used to refer to everything from schranz to electro house and minimal.

So when I see articles saying how Techno events used to attract 500 people but now they get crowds of 3,000 I think there is one simple reason for that - it is not techno like it used to be. Now that it includes 3 other genres within the word techno, of course you get bigger crowds. Is obvious, no?

Anyway, to cut that short, I do think there will be a backlash. We have seen various Techno artists such as Patrik Skoog, Grindvik etc starting to make minimal music. In the near future I think that Techno artists who have not gone minimal will start to make their techno a bit harder/darker/faster whatever to differentiate it even further, and move away from current trends.