How do I get this specific sound? (mp3 included)

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

ill send u a file later on and u can see how i did it

im using 3.0, so if u have a lesser version it wont open
signatures suck
cycopath
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cycopath »

yup, I've got 3.0... much appreciated
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

All you need to do is pick a bassline sound and make the decay and release on the amp envelope on your synth short. If you want the sound to pop more on a certain note like he does on the high one in that bassline all you have to do is make the velocity on that notw higher in comparison to the rest of the bassline. If you were doing it on a 303 you wouls just put an accent on that note. It also sounds like he has a filter delay on the bassline set at a 1/16 and the filter set on highpass so only the high part of the bassline is delayed and the lows are not. The effect is subtle but i can hear it.

i hope i'm not speaking martian again :P
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Torque wrote:i hope i'm not speaking martian again :P
If you know anything about production your advice makes sense. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Torque wrote:All you need to do is pick a bassline sound and make the decay and release on the amp envelope on your synth short. If you want the sound to pop more on a certain note like he does on the high one in that bassline all you have to do is make the velocity on that notw higher in comparison to the rest of the bassline. If you were doing it on a 303 you wouls just put an accent on that note. It also sounds like he has a filter delay on the bassline set at a 1/16 and the filter set on highpass so only the high part of the bassline is delayed and the lows are not. The effect is subtle but i can hear it.

that's like, some sort of black magic or something? :P
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

sounds like there is a bbe, psp or some sort of signal processing on it as well. As it sounds really rich.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

your avatar really goes hand in hand with that post :D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
ferd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferd »

Torque wrote:All you need to do is pick a bassline sound and make the decay and release on the amp envelope on your synth short. If you want the sound to pop more on a certain note like he does on the high one in that bassline all you have to do is make the velocity on that notw higher in comparison to the rest of the bassline. If you were doing it on a 303 you wouls just put an accent on that note. It also sounds like he has a filter delay on the bassline set at a 1/16 and the filter set on highpass so only the high part of the bassline is delayed and the lows are not. The effect is subtle but i can hear it.

thx a lot for the velocity tip...