elektron monosynth

- ask away
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

have got both an while the monomachine is a great piece of kit I defo use my machinedrum a hello of a lot more. Its great for djin as well as live arrangment an i've just started to intergrate it into my liveset. I know Jesse Heartthrob uses the monomachine with great success, wont go wrong with either
x
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

jgb wrote:The Monomachine is good stuff, but one has to really tweak the sounds and work the sequencer with parameter locks to get all goodies out of it.
Isn't this the case with every good piece of kit?
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
bhc303
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bhc303 »

viva hate wrote:I have the Monomachine. I like it very much but it doesn't sound as analog as I wish it would though. Perfect if you're into M_nus etc. I have the Machinedrum too and I would rather buy a Machinedrum than a Monomachine .
Like that minus sound very much... what exactly are the sounds are you referring to... bass, percussion, fx, keys etc?
MarcAshken said "Jesse Heartthrob uses the monomachine with great success" what sound do you think he is talking about? sorry to be a pain in the arse but I am looking to purchase the machinedrum & monomachine and don't want to make the wrong purchase on the synth, defnetly geeting the machinedrum SPS-1 UW
thanks for your time

Cheers
jgb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jgb »

sauce: More or less. More with the Monomachine I'd say, compared to less with my Juno-2. More with the FR-777 compared to the TB-303.

Don't get me wrong, I've had the monomachine since the betatesting phase, I like it a lot. It might be that I am very used to analogue synths which makes me feel that the monomachine sound too clean, hence I need to tweak it to get rid of that.
bleupulp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bleupulp »

when you guys compare the machine drum to the monomachine you mean by that you use the machine drum more often or something ??

i just have trouble understanding how can someone say that a drum machine is better than a synth since its 2 different thing .

but as i said i never tried any of them so i cant sayyyyy

plur
(jk)
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

bleupulp wrote:i just have trouble understanding how can someone say that a drum machine is better than a synth since its 2 different thing .
Yeah, usability is a big factor, as well as which machine is more groundbreaking, as in, the Monomachine is ultra usable and a very good sounding monosynth, while the Machinedrum has made history... All in my opinion, of course! I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again: I really believe the Machinedrum to be the finest drum machine ever built.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
vviizzoonn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by vviizzoonn »

i have the monomachine ... it is the single most innovative instrument on the market, electronically speaking. it's absolutely amazing. it has immense depth, enormous creative inspiration at every corner of the way, and it's just a shitload of fun to play with. you can really get into some very wacky, twisted zones with the aid of the monomachine and not drugs :) anyway, i'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for one of the most progressive, forward-thinking synths on the market.

:)
vviizzoonn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by vviizzoonn »

i have the monomachine ... it is the single most innovative instrument on the market, electronically speaking. it's absolutely amazing. it has immense depth, enormous creative inspiration at every corner of the way, and it's just a shitload of fun to play with. you can really get into some very wacky, twisted zones with the aid of the monomachine and not drugs :) anyway, i'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for one of the most progressive, forward-thinking synths on the market.

:)