Getting ripped off on Discogs!!

- open
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

what was the user's feedback?

this guy (who knows if he wanders around here) wants me to pay 80€ for a record i really want, but i'm not sure i trust him as he has no feedback yet.

oh well... :roll:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

prenzlauer wrote:you should be able to get the money back from paypal, although I've never tried it myself.
heh, same as ryanair refunds. my ass :roll:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

antonio_pt wrote:what was the user's feedback?

this guy (who knows if he wanders around here) wants me to pay 80€ for a record i really want, but i'm not sure i trust him as he has no feedback yet.

oh well... :roll:
My guy had loads of feedback, thats why I bought from him.
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

insured packages with tracking number is a good idea so the seller couldn`t say : well i sent the package already.
MickyMaus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MickyMaus »

thats what paypal faq has to say about that issue:

Question:
How do I get my money back?

Answer:
The best way to resolve an issue with a transaction is to communicate directly with your seller. Most sellers welcome the opportunity to work out problems and provide good customer service.

* If you and your seller are unable to work out an issue, you can go to the PayPal Resolution Center to open a dispute with the seller any time within 45 days of payment.
* If you are still unable to resolve the problem, you can escalate the dispute to a claim.
* A dispute can be escalated to a claim any time within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened. By escalating to a claim, you're asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.
* After 20 days, a dispute that is not escalated to a claim will close automatically.

maybe this helps, but i don't think waiting is really the right thing to do...
if the guy you bought the record from has criminal intentions towards you, you will never see your money again if you wait to log... so maybe paypal is the right place to start.

i myself got ripped of by some guy on ebay once and i never want to have such an experience agein :(
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

don't be impatient - i bought many records over discogs, and sometimes a record from the UK took only 2 days and sometimes 3.5 weeks. just wait -i know that sounds stupid if you're nervous, but that's prolly the only thing to do.

don't ask how nervous i was a couple of times... especially when i was waiting for some rare and/or expensive records...

there was only one record ever lost, fortunately not an expensive one. one got destroyed by the postman who tried to push the parcel through the mail slot - he paid for it, afterwards ;)

what's the essence of all that blurb? "all you can do, is sit and wahahait" *sing* (anyone remember sydney youngblood *lol* ?)
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

pre-amp tango wrote: there was only one record ever lost, fortunately not an expensive one. one got destroyed by the postman who tried to push the parcel through the mail slot - he paid for it, afterwards ;)
haha! i'd kill him/her if it happened to me with an expensive record :o

one thing that i dont tolerate is that someone is fucking around with my vinyls :D that's WAY over the line ;)
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

vermi wrote:haha! i'd kill him/her if it happened to me with an expensive record :o
well, at the time it was a pretty hard to get one ( http://www.discogs.com/release/224730 ) and i got the last copy off gemm, so i was kinda disappointed. but i could prove that it was the postman's handling - and he felt really guilty, as he knew very well what he was delivering (about 4 times a week, haha). he happily paid the money and such thing never happened again.
now that i've moved i have to have a word with my new postman - the other day i received a package that was completely soaking wet (ok it was raining really hard that day, but still...). fortunately (for this postman) there were only records with neutral white covers in the parcel.

ah well... i guess lots of mnml users can tell such stories.
let's get back to topic: if i were you, i'd allow 1 more week to pass.