How does the new Tresor compare?

- open
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Coog wrote:the place was getting overrun with guidos!
Out of curiosity, what are those?
People called Guido?
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Zinthek wrote:
People called Guido?
Sorry I should explain this as it's an american term mostly New York which are guys that are usually of the Italian/American decent and are muscle bound,gelled up spiky hair, wear gold chains, tight gear(white tank tops to show off their muscles) lots of perfume know nothing about what good music is(they love commercial dance hits) think the girls love them and are real dicks. Don't know if you seen the tv show called Growing Up Gotti with those three dongs but it's a good reference.

It may not have been this bad but it's a term that goes by association and familiarity with us so the varibles could differ somewhat here. No offense to the Italians here ...hell im half Italian half Irish but i'm no guido!
Alphajuno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alphajuno »

Top review by the way..... you certainley managed to put my thoughts into writing better than me.

I only went to check it out, since it opened the lineups have been pretty unappealing.

What do you recommmend in Berlin? Somewhere without any pretentiousness?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Coog wrote:
Zinthek wrote:
People called Guido?
Sorry I should explain this as it's an american term mostly New York which are guys that are usually of the Italian/American decent and are muscle bound,gelled up spiky hair, wear gold chains, tight gear(white tank tops to show off their muscles) lots of perfume know nothing about what good music is(they love commercial dance hits) think the girls love them and are real dicks. Don't know if you seen the tv show called Growing Up Gotti with those three dongs but it's a good reference.

It may not have been this bad but it's a term that goes by association and familiarity with us so the varibles could differ somewhat here. No offense to the Italians here ...hell im half Italian half Irish but i'm no guido!
cable connection - $45

mnml board : free

---------------------------------------------------------------
coog explaining what a guido is - ( priceless )

hahahahahaha...

:D
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Code: Select all

What do you recommmend in Berlin? Somewhere without any pretentiousness?
I thought Panarama Bar was great, maybe you should check that out.
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

GUIDO!
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Coog wrote:Don't know if you seen the tv show called Growing Up Gotti with those three dongs but it's a good reference.
Haha, that's not necessary, I definitely know what you mean.
You've got those everywhere.
Over here they're usually called Johnny's.

Oh and come to think of it, I think I have actually seen that show.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Der geile Ami wrote:. Entrance is 12 euro, compared to berghains 10. I dont like berghain either, but at least their bookings are better. For tourists used to paying 20 euro or more in their local clubs it is nothing, but it is a slap in the face to the berlin scene. Coatcheck is 50 percent higher than berlin standard. Berghain also has a 1.50 euro coatcheck fee, but every other fucking club in berlin does not. 50 cents is not a particularly high amount, but it is the principle. I did not hang out long enough for a drink, but can only guess the prices are higher than berlin average. If you charge higher than average prices, then you should deliver a higher than average experience. The PHB club delivered the same exact experience at a fraction of hte cost.
What are you talking about? Berghain is 12€ an Saturdays for two floors, Tresor is 12€ for three floors. So to call Tresor more expensive than Berghain is kinda ridiculous. Also there are very few clubs left in Berlin with 1€ coachcheck. Maybe you should try paying for a party from time to time to realise how prices change. And the beer is with 2.50€ actually cheaper than in about every other club in the town, so maybe at least take a look at the bar before spreading rumors like that.

And what's that about PHB club? How that can be compared to Tresor I don't understand at all. It's a small club, one floor, no audience at all (at least every time I was there. So I really don't know what you mean be "delivering the same experience".

I'm not trying to defend Tresor, there's a lot to improve, but critics should always remain fair.

Oh, and the soundsystem in the cellar is awesome, when you stand in the centre of the floor. Perfect for the harder kind of techno. But the PA at Batterieraum and Tunabar sucks, I agree on that.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)