Ableton Help!

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

hydrogen wrote:seriously, what are the advantage of recording this way? I don't think I have any of these issues when using render to disk.
I had some weird send effects automation problems when rendering to disk (it just didn't sound the same)...

but I think your problem seems to be originating from your computer setup (most likely HDD related), not ableton :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

4am wrote:i confirm... yes i was more than skeptical, and yes there is a difference

ehm... sorgenkind... i would take the occasion to order 25 kgs of formagella and some robiole (fresh swiss cheese). can i just tell you here.....or should i send an order by carrier pigeon? :lol: :lol:
I will definitively bring back some good cheese and so on, just send me a PM if you want something particular.
I'll be back the second week of august.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

sorgenkind wrote:
4am wrote:i confirm... yes i was more than skeptical, and yes there is a difference

ehm... sorgenkind... i would take the occasion to order 25 kgs of formagella and some robiole (fresh swiss cheese). can i just tell you here.....or should i send an order by carrier pigeon? :lol: :lol:
I will definitively bring back some good cheese and so on, just send me a PM if you want something particular.
I'll be back the second week of august.
ok! i will tell you :wink:
have a good time in the mountains, and come back with fresh ideas :idea:
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

I don't ever use rendering, for me most of the rendering issues come up when I start using compressors.... especially on the master track... when I render it ALWAYS fucks it up.
pitiku_noroios
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pitiku_noroios »

Thanlks alot guys...that worked just fine! Finaly..i`m done with the rendering biz...it messed up my ..messed up traks:))) 0x again..and have fun in the mountains!:P
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

Wanted to do an A/B test (master track record & render). I noticed that live started recording the file with +/- 1/16th delay when recording from master to a track. Does someone have an explanation ?
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

yes dude this is your latency
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

Did run some more tests and it appears it only happens when I record from the master track. It doesn't happen when I record from any other track or if i send my tracks to the recording track.