Super Collider, since 2002

- ask away
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

Last edited by mcs on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i really wouldn't see myself delving into something complicated like it. by the time i would want to setup a synth sound i want 1000 ideas would pass by me. maybe it's too much time consuming, or maybe i prefer more practical things.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

yeah this is quite advanced stuff imo. Like max/msp and such
but I really really really don't like programming (and math) :oops:

endless possibilities though...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

hah yeah this is pretty cool program but pales in comparison to

MARIO PAINT FOR SNES!
now youre playing with power
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

plaster wrote:i really wouldn't see myself delving into something complicated like it. by the time i would want to setup a synth sound i want 1000 ideas would pass by me. maybe it's too much time consuming, or maybe i prefer more practical things.
You start to setup code templates as you go along. You end up with tools that are very handy and intuitive. Also, leaving some of the music up to chance is part of the appeal.

Do you guys want to know how it sounds? Maybe I could scratch something out really quick, just to give you an idea of how it fits in with our beloved genre..
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sauce wrote:
plaster wrote:i really wouldn't see myself delving into something complicated like it. by the time i would want to setup a synth sound i want 1000 ideas would pass by me. maybe it's too much time consuming, or maybe i prefer more practical things.
You start to setup code templates as you go along. You end up with tools that are very handy and intuitive. Also, leaving some of the music up to chance is part of the appeal.

Do you guys want to know how it sounds? Maybe I could scratch something out really quick, just to give you an idea of how it fits in with our beloved genre..
i find it okay if you want to build your career in the area of vst engeneering, but it's somewhat too much for a musician. ask anyone and you'll probably hear the same answer. the app itself is a monster, but seriously...i don't see the fun in busting codes to make music. call me old fashined, but i still prefer to press keys before programming.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

sauce wrote: Do you guys want to know how it sounds? Maybe I could scratch something out really quick, just to give you an idea of how it fits in with our beloved genre..
yes please !
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

OK.. Here's a chunk of quick, poorly composed music. Just giving you an idea of what it might feel like to use SuperCollider real-time. All I did was pull up some drums on the ESX and use SC for synths and processing.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/7848558 ... cb2f02bfa3
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr