Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

- open
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

JackNine wrote: I suppose you're the same guy who's cool with Timbaland stealing "Acidjazzed Evening" and putting it into that Nelly Furtado song.
Man, don't put words in my mouth. You and I know who's original.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

Post by pheek »

plaster wrote:
JackNine wrote:
plaster wrote: dude, that's same if you accused someone of stealing chords. get used to it.
Actually, using the same chord is nothing like what happened here. Obviously you didn't listen to each song on Beatport entirely.

What happened here is an exact replication in beat, tone and pitch of another song. This is called plagiarism.
it might be plagiarism, but then again, it might be the same synth patch/sample they are using. nothing major to be upset by..the sound is the same but the rhytmic pattern is different. as pheek said, u can't do anything. alot of people use archipel's sample pack...i guess that would be plagiarism in a way too.
Yeah. We did samples that a lot of people used to produce records (even big names out there!) and we never got any credits. I have no money for lawyers so what can you do?

Go to one's myspace and thrash him. That's about it. :roll:

Edit:

One thing about synths and basses: a big enemy is named presets. If 2 artists took one same preset, they might sound alike in the end.

"Rise" does sound A LOT like Lee... it's quite troubling.

but again, nothing you can do. :?
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

The important thing to remember is nature sorts itself out. It may not be musically, but nature will have its way in the end.
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

i make all my stuff from pheek loops.

karma is gonna nail me at some point.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

Post by Celltek »

JackNine wrote: Leroy Styles
Heehe I know this guy.. He's from Rotterdam
:oops:

edit: Shameless theft from this guy. I always knew he had no talent but this is outrageous!
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

Lastly, turn up the shuffle slightly on ableton and you have an instant Gaiser/Lee Curtis/Barem whatever the fck track. All you have to do is add a sampled sound from around the house and maybe a vocal pitched down like, "yeeaaaaahhh...." or "bitches....."
:lol: this is quite funny but also kind of true.
custom made hardware is the way to go :lol:
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I still haven't heard the samples, so i can't comment on that yet, but what i can say is that even if people use the same hardware/software, they can still sound different than anyone else.. its just how you think about it.. there are lots of people who sound very different than the usual stuff that is out there in techno these days..
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »