Villalobos on Fire...

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Celltek wrote: I love his rough mixing and sometimes mismatching because it reminds me that this DJ stuff should not be taken too seriously

......and is all in the name of fun and having a good time!
:!: :!: :!:

* the lost art -: having fun
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

You guys are so lucky to see all this good music. I live in Western Canada and we rarely get anything close this stature of music.

The ironic thing is that Mathew Jonson and Cobblestone Jazz are from here but you think anyone cares who they are. Its so sad.

Spencer from Itiswhatitis brought Ricardo and Ric Y Martin out here after Mutek 2001 (I think) and that show turned me on to the sounds im into today.

Legendary show for our area.

My advice ~ Enjoy every minute you can of Ricardo because I cant.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Something ricardo understands that a lot of other people don't is that just because it isn't tagged "minimal" in the bin or on beatport or where ever doesn't mean it isn't or won't flow with the style. A lot of old disco and house sounds similar to micro house and minimal techno in regards to production style or just the overall loopiness. It all depends on the circle the producer is in and around when the tune was made. That often influences how it is tagged. I love villalobos as a producer, dj, etc. He is even awsome in interviews. He's the man hands down.

oh...and he's always been on fire.
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

maybe because Ricardo now has a baby he's decided to stop doing so much "party powder", allowing him to concentrate on his mixing skills more
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

be~~ wrote:maybe because Ricardo now has a baby he's decided to stop doing so much "party powder", allowing him to concentrate on his mixing skills more
thanks for the insight.

now go away
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

be~~ wrote:maybe because Ricardo now has a baby he's decided to stop doing so much "party powder", allowing him to concentrate on his mixing skills more
:shock:

seriously, wtf :roll:
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Indeed that was rather wtf...

But y'know... I personally don't know that many people who haven't had a drug problem at some point and then straightened out somehow (or will.. hopefully).

I don't know or care if RV did whatever... but if he did, that just makes him a normal someone like everyone.
My point is ... I dunno...whatever. No big deal. Nothing to be ashamed of. If some respect him less because of that then they should get a fucking grip.

Sorry about the fuss.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

whats a ricardo thread without a drug comment... [?]

how cookie cutter.. lol..

* I was under the impression that was a huge rumor..

re: ricardo having a child..
Last edited by John Clees on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.