phonic insulation of my apartment

- ask away
Alphajuno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alphajuno »

Theres a major difference between acoustic treatment, and sound proofing.

Acoustic treatment is designed to well improved the acoustics of the room, for the benifit of listenting and will have 'minimal' effect on letting your neighbours sleep whilst editing your kick drums at 3am.

If you want to soundproof a room, you effectivley need to create a suspended room within a room. Which as you can imagine will work out pretty fucking exspensive.

Find somewhere else to work, or at least mixdown. Or arrange something with your neighbours,girlfriend,cat etc.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

what kwality & alphajuno said, plus:

simply taming ANY material to the walls will not help you (be it rockwool or whatever). google for 'sound barrier', learn what is the essence of it, its not very complicated, just try to really understand it. a very simple explanation is you need to have a 'double wall', the insulation material between the two walls, and the least contact between the insulation and the two parts of the wall (sounds confusing at first, i know).

once you understand the nature of a real sound barrier, figure out the best way to do it. you can either hire a specialized company (expensive), or if you know someone who is a good carpenter, he can do it if he looks at photos and understands what needs to be done. either way, only consider this if you own the place, otherwise the investment is too big.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

another useful address

http://www.schaumstoff.com/

it is in germany but you can also order for france

there are tables explaining which isolation you can get with the different sizes. the prices are ok
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

floating floors :wink: :P
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

This is nearly impossible on a budget.

For starters, make the room as airtight as possible.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
dango
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dango »

you can build your own whisper room.

i am about to embark on this journey. i am estimating around $500 to complete the room i am building in my kitchen then some extra cheddar to treat the inside acousticaly with foams. it is a little cash but being able to crank your monitors iff needed at 4 in the morning and not even wake someone in the next room is priceless.

i am building a 6 foot by 6 foot room in my kitchen. the walls, floor, and ceiling will have two layers of wood or particle board with air in between them. this will trap all sound in your box. you can also put installation between the walls. the floor needs to be lifted on u boats.

this site has some diy tips on building one
http://www.acoustics101.com/