Kompakt-mp3 and Firefox

- open
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 212121 »

To use kompakt-mp3 in firefox you should get the quicktime alternative, it's free and not system-heavy
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Kompakt-mp3 and Firefox

Post by pheek »

Marcus Stork wrote:Ok, the last week or two i havent been able to play tracks and buy from Kompakt-Mp3 using Firefox. It fucks up when i play a track. Anyone else that has got this annoying problem? anyone know what to do?
I never had a really nice experience shopping on that site with firefox. i look fwd to changes since they have excellent music! :wink:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I was on it for the first time in years ironically just a few days ago.. had no issues..

on 1 or 2 releases... I couldn't hear audio ... perhaps the audio was being uploaded and changed while I was attempting to listen.. .. or even not there at that moment.. I assume that type of site is a constant project..

they also just did an update to firefox.. as well.. perhaps it was for audio functionalities as your post mentions..
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

ParanoidDancer wrote:I actually do buy from them. Their pricing is good and so is their mp3 quality. Granted their user interface is pretty horrible but i prefer them over the way overpriced beatport.
Overpriced!?
Did you ever buy vinyl?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

digitalbunny wrote:
ParanoidDancer wrote:I actually do buy from them. Their pricing is good and so is their mp3 quality. Granted their user interface is pretty horrible but i prefer them over the way overpriced beatport.
Overpriced!?
Did you ever buy vinyl?
lol...
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

Marcus Stork wrote:Ok, the last week or two i havent been able to play tracks and buy from Kompakt-Mp3 using Firefox. It fucks up when i play a track. Anyone else that has got this annoying problem? anyone know what to do?
Mate, I have the same problem. In fact, because of this technical roadblock (some firefox+track playback), I have probably spent about $200AUD elsewhere that I would have spent at Kompakt, come to think of it...This problem has been ongoing for about 8 months for me, I don't bother anymore.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Daniel Logikal wrote:
Mate, I have the same problem. In fact, because of this technical roadblock (some firefox+track playback), I have probably spent about $200AUD elsewhere that I would have spent at Kompakt, come to think of it...This problem has been ongoing for about 8 months for me, I don't bother anymore.
Exactly, I actually bougth alot of stuff from them in the beginning of my 'mp3 buying period', but stopped because of the problems and the lousy website design/performance they have.
For me Beatport is the winner, but I must admit that I buy very little kompakt stuff because of this...
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

and this goes for all those "bp-is-overpriced" singers...:

considering the fact that they never sell fhg encoded files like kompakt does ocassionally and i think they're also encoding the wav directly so they have a quality control - those prices are ok!!

not forget to mention that once a release is not brandnew anymore...the price goes down to 1.49 dollars while kompakt prices always are at 1.39 EUROS!!!! anyone should get the picture - saying bp is overpriced is just absolutely wrong!! :evil:

ps: if you really like a release/track ure just showing your appreciation to the artists work by PAYING for it....which means you can either afford it or not!! so stop complaining about prices....no matter the costs im always happy to blow my hard earned money on good releases!

nuff said

pps: a bit off-topic sorry