- open
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

I'm still a vinyl junkie
and as much I hate carrying the bags
I feel this is the sacrifice you do for the love of music
but a few cds can make the burden a bit more bearable...

still... the vinyls are magic
no other medium produces the same sound as the good old vinyl does
let's hope someone enlightened comes up with a worthy replacement
cuz cds and FS just don't cut it for me
(or maybe I'm just getting old...)
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daemon »

seth
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by seth »

is this a serious question.

wax addict!
if thing don't progress, will the future truly come
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

isnt it very cheap now to make vinyl pressings?
bummpy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bummpy »

I think the cd/mp3/whatever vs. vinyl argument has been done to death at this point.

I'm a strickly vinyl dj, but that's because I get the most consistantly good music via vinyl and every place I play has turntables. But I think it's pretty obvious at this point that mp3's are gonna pretty much be the only viable option (as far as business goes) in the music industry. Regardless of genre.

I don't think vinyl or cd's are gonna go anywhere any time soon though. I think there will usually be the option to purchase a track on vinyl, but I wouldn't be surprized if mp3 sales outnumbered cd sales within 5 years (10 tops). I'd wager a pretty penny that most labels will at least have mp3 offerings within the next two years (a lot do now). I wonder when (if?) mp3 labels will outnumber traditional ones.

It's a romantic idea to think that vinyl won't ever go away. But there's not enough money to be made in this industry to be pressing 3000+ releases every month.

My 2c
euPHoric_pleasure
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by euPHoric_pleasure »

IVE BEEN THINKIN THAT FINAL SCRATCH IS BEEING MORE AND MORE INTERESTING
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

patrick bateman wrote:I love my vinyls too, but have realised that they won't last forever... So I have started playing a bit of CD's too, mainly stuff that I get sent to my label.... (and friends productions too)
The 1st generation of CD's don't work anymore. Vinyl can lasts for 100 years. OK you may have a little hiss or pop, but CD just fck up when they get to 20 years +. I Love my vinyl and care for it a lot. If you look after your vinyl they will sound good for many years.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I use mostly vinyl but also use CD's for my own tunes and stuff not avalible on vinyl.

The other week i played at a club in London and the DJ booth had only CDJ's. The promoter didn't tell me this. I turned up with a bag of records and about 10 CD's. In some ways this made my set much fresher as nobody in the room knew any of the stuff i was playing. So now i'm thinking Digital is the future for me. I'll have to get a Laptop and Serato though. I just love my technics. Of course i'll still have a small bag full of perlon records.