mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

logic
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

bodysong wrote:if you use it right pretty sure you can make an hot dog soung good.
lol

Measax wrote:logic

For signal routing, indeed (logic pro that is). But the new cubase is apparently more flexible for that...

It all depends on how you want to do things, what suits your workflow.
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

I've just started using Tracktion 2 and really enjoy and appreciated the simple, straight-forward interface.
I recommend giving that a try ... ALL OF YOU :shock:

:P
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

I'm on Fl Studio, and I don't see myself changing to another app unless I have to, like if someone gave me a mac and a copy of logic :D

FLS is a lovely sequencer, absolutely love it.

Edit:

Advantage: Easy to use, most things are only a mouse click or two away. Lot's of nifty features that seem to be tailormade for dance music, like filters and arps on every channel. Great automation. etc etc.

Disadvantage: Manual pdc. Using external effects is fiddly. Minor cons for me though.
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

There are extremely minute sound differences between the programs, but not enough to really worry about. Just find one you enjoy and stick with it. After you become fluent with it, you don't tend to even notice the program really, it's just a part of the music.

If you use Cubase, you should spend some time and create some macros, they really make life easier and more enjoyable.
rule
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rule »

What comes out of Ableton and Reason is so frustrating to my ears. It's never as good as what comes out of Cubase and Logic.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

rule wrote:What comes out of Ableton and Reason is so frustrating to my ears. It's never as good as what comes out of Cubase and Logic.
There's no difference in how tracks are summed, it's all math - 32 bit floating point to be more precise. The gainstage can differ from mixer to mixer though. Live's for instance seem to clip at -3db, which means you have to turn down the sound. And louder is most of the time percieved as better.

What I meant to say, is that if you run the same sounds through the same fx, there's absolutely no reason one should sound worse than the other. And even if you think that's the case, it should be the last thing you worry about*

*Obviously more important for someone who hasn't picked a host yet.

Cheers
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

i also use cubase sx, it is verry easy to work with midi, samples, you can download a lot of fx boxes and vst i's.
for cubase fits the best, try some other software and you feel what fits best to you