reason

- ask away
roryistea
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by roryistea »

I agree with the Future Sound of London that we should take a somewhat abusive attitude towards sound. If you want an original sound, then really look for those sounds no one else has found; I really think live sounds, voice clips, quotes; work wonders in mnml music. The track is basic, and when the message comes, it penetrates and permeates. Like tea leaves, in a bowl of hot water.

Plus those samples into reverbs, other reason units, and let them flow. Try something new. Sample using Audacity! This is key, or if you have Mac try sampling with Sound Hack.

I think sticking to sample CD's can create a nice consistent clean sound, but you listen to Jimi Hendrix and the analog quality to his music pushed it to another level. Alot of the best progressive, underground pushed by Digweed or Sasha in 1999, wasn't high quality, but the sheer innovation and careful consciousness of what sounds to use really made it the dance renaissance.

:o
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

sample cds don't have a place in music, except for maybe if you need a clean drum sound.. something that is going to be recognizeable no matter what. IE - a clean sounding kick drum. I don't really write music, not seriously or often anyway, but if I ever do, that would be my frustration - finding good drum sounds without having to buy a drum machine or drum synth.

it's all about shreading on them synths, and as a friend told me... load random sounds into an NN-19 and hook up a matrix to it and just abuse the sh!t out of it... sometimes you come up with really weird + cool sounds that way (that is, wave files in a blank patch... not using the premade patches for it)

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

For drums i simply use the Jay-J's refills pack. Got some quality kicks in there. The rest of my drums are normally from a refeill called 'percustuff'
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

--