greetings from ohio

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: greetings from ohio

Post by miroslav »

skept wrote:
miroslav wrote:Cool...ever play in Columbus? I just moved here recently, and I'm still trying to figure out what's going on where... I'd like to find the right places to hang out to hear this stuff and meet people into this sound.
i have not played outside of north east ohio. i do not know what is going on in the c-bus area unfortunately. seems like they lack a good dance music culture. i have always thought of columbus as more of a hip hop town and cleveland as more of a dance music town. but don't take my word for the c-bus scene they may have a very nice dance music underground for all i know.

i am more than interested in starting some networking in the area if you ever decide to get something started.
Thanks...definitely interested in getting something going - I miss that network here. I think I just got you on myspace...will check your sounds out and send you some of mine!
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

miroslav wrote:Thanks...definitely interested in getting something going - I miss that network here. I think I just got you on myspace...will check your sounds out and send you some of mine!
i was thinking about my previous c-bus scene comments and it got me thinking about c-bus in the mid 90s when ele_mental was doing there thing and they had some of the best parties in ohio down there.

anyways... my current songs on myspace are kinda blah. i have some new music coming out on experimedia in the next month so i would wait for that. i would love to hear some things you are working on.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

skept wrote:
miroslav wrote:Thanks...definitely interested in getting something going - I miss that network here. I think I just got you on myspace...will check your sounds out and send you some of mine!
i was thinking about my previous c-bus scene comments and it got me thinking about c-bus in the mid 90s when ele_mental was doing there thing and they had some of the best parties in ohio down there.

anyways... my current songs on myspace are kinda blah. i have some new music coming out on experimedia in the next month so i would wait for that. i would love to hear some things you are working on.

Yeah I really get the sense that there is much more going on up north as far as minimal and tech stuff than here in Columbus...just from forum browsing, but who knows. I'd like to check some of those scenes out in the new year.

I still have yet to listen to your music, but still definitely plan to...just got into the pre-holiday rush!

As far as my mixes...you can check em out here:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
http://www.waxdj.com

Just started a serious attempt to gain some literacy about production with Reason (cuz I happen to have a copy of it), but I'm still very much in my infancy stage there.
thelibrarian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelibrarian »

Miroslav, Skept, and Andy,

We have a decent little [and I mean little] scene down here in Cincinnati, Ohio. We have a night called 4|4 that has hosted people such as Bernstein, A Touch of Class, Ryan Elliott, Derek Plaslaiko, Outputmessage, etc. Tonight we have Bernstein from Tokyo and Eric Cloutier from Detroit. Should be a good evening.

There is also a good techno event run here called BANG! put on by a local artist by the name of Eleven:11. Always intimate and fun.

I've played in Columbus and Cleveland quite a bit. There is definitely all kinds of things happening in Cleveland. Columbus is now home to a close personal friend of mine named Dan McLeod. He plays electro mainly but he's damn good. Look him up.

Good to see some midwesterners in here.

Best,
TL
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

thelibrarian wrote:Miroslav, Skept, and Andy,

We have a decent little [and I mean little] scene down here in Cincinnati, Ohio. We have a night called 4|4 that has hosted people such as Bernstein, A Touch of Class, Ryan Elliott, Derek Plaslaiko, Outputmessage, etc. Tonight we have Bernstein from Tokyo and Eric Cloutier from Detroit. Should be a good evening.

There is also a good techno event run here called BANG! put on by a local artist by the name of Eleven:11. Always intimate and fun.

I've played in Columbus and Cleveland quite a bit. There is definitely all kinds of things happening in Cleveland. Columbus is now home to a close personal friend of mine named Dan McLeod. He plays electro mainly but he's damn good. Look him up.

Best,
TL
hi! yeah i am familiar with dan. he and his girlfriend (?) did some electro weekly and other shows up here i believe. i am also familiar with your cinci shows, i believe you had matt dear out as well before???

as you said good to see some others from the midwest. ohio was such a mecca for dance music in the 90s till that stupid ecstasy sh!t flooded the scene with frat boys who's suburban parents pointed fingers of blame at raves and everything went down hill from there.

regardless the bad blood is gone and it looks like a healthy underground is getting a rebirth. hopefully we can build a strong network.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

thelibrarian wrote:Miroslav, Skept, and Andy,

Best,
TL

hey there...I've heard your name before, although I've never been down there for an event yet. I'm gonna be more active in the new year...hopefully both attending and playing. I just met Mossmoss when he played with Sassmouth & Ryan Elliott over @ Therapy in Indianapolis...but I've heard he's moving to San Francisco.. Anyways, I'll try to find you on myspace. happy holidays...