(Revolver Canada 0017) Mitsuaki Komamura - Weedis EP (2006)

- wax
fuel for the fire
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fuel for the fire »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:Was hoping to hear something new...

Some cool rhythmic work and whatever in here, sounds cool BUT.. the whole fifth chords and sloppy pads thing is really tired. Glad to see revolver happening again though
un fortunately i have to agree on this. Eventho i love Revolver, this one doesnt really do it for me. It sounds kinda heard too many times before.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

:?

While I'll be the first to admit the audio samples provided here didn't initially do much for me, once I got my hands on an actual copy I was FLOORED!! This is IMO the best Revolver release since the Horror Inc releases.

I really can't recommend it enough. Those of you who doubt this release should really give it another chance.. I play every track on it & it slays!! Very deep & almost DBX-like at times.. Awesome release! I'm eager to hear more from this artist.
dario zenker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dario zenker »

i love this record.
in my top ten.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

v404 wrote::?

While I'll be the first to admit the audio samples provided here didn't initially do much for me, once I got my hands on an actual copy I was FLOORED!! This is IMO the best Revolver release since the Horror Inc releases.

I really can't recommend it enough. Those of you who doubt this release should really give it another chance.. I play every track on it & it slays!! Very deep & almost DBX-like at times.. Awesome release! I'm eager to hear more from this artist.
agreed! one of my favourite releases, still top 10 for me too...
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

v404 wrote::?

I agree 100 %!!!

This is one of those instances where the online samples are bad and don't even come close to the actual full length tracks. All 3 tracks are really good especially the long side. People might find this release "different" because it doesn't sound like the normal conventional "cookie cutter" (which I like to say) minimal which most artists are releasing now but to each their own as they say, but overall it's a great release from Revolver, A+ in my book.