producing with cubase sx

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

that is hard to answer, the right monitors are dependet on some things like room size for example.
i think that the best thing u can do is go to a store and after u will have one or two monitors that u know that will fit for what u need ask here if someone knows or use them.
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

If monitors aren't an option, your next best bet may be to put a spectrum analyser on the output channel. I use a free one called "Inspector" but I'm sure there are plenty other ones available. An analyser will help tell you what dominant freqs there are, plus if there is any clipping.

Oh, and hello everyone... this is my first post!
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Stomper wrote: my guess is that u don't clean the freq u don't need which effects the low freq.
Essential indeed.

Imagine the bass frequency range as a tight room you have to fiit two fat guys in, bass drum(john) and bass(jeff) and occasionnal visitors (for instance, a low-middish 909 snare). You have to make it so that they don't have to step on each other to move around. Now if john and jeff start layering each other, the floor wil crack(peak)... besides, you don't want to see that. Ew.

You might also want to tie john and jeff in their corners using side-chain compression or gating.

I recently tried Kjaerhus' Golden Audio Gate. Worth every penny. Very clean and fast... very fast. If I get it, I won't miss my beloved Logic's sc compression anymore (jeezus... I'm still paying for my licence... and use the dongle as a bottle opener :? )
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Hi kwality!

*hi-fi(ve)*