software

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

:P
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
stringfello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stringfello »

My suggestion is play around with other peoples software. I have gone through a lot of DAW'S. I found one that spoke to me the way I think and work. And remember Minimal is an idea not a genre!

Back in the day they had a drum synth that did everything. It is really all you need.

good luck!!!
Reborn in Detroit
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: software

Post by pheek »

Stomper wrote:FL (which i think suck!) Ableton and other.
Been using it for 5 years on all my productions. Akufen, Deadbeat, Jeff Samuel, Crackhaus and many many others don't think it sucks. Maybe you should try to learn it better.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

pheek wrote:
Been using it for 5 years on all my productions. Akufen, Deadbeat, Jeff Samuel, Crackhaus and many many others don't think it sucks. Maybe you should try to learn it better.
Aren't you getting tired of telling people FL doesn't suck? I know I am :x
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I wonder what went through ImageLine's head when they decided to call it Fruity Loops. It's a rather cartoonish, toyish name for an otherwise very good piece of software. They probably were candy ravers back then.

Now for a bit of off-topicality...

Can you believe kids eat this trash before going to school!?! No wonder they have Ritalin as a side dish and can't write!! My mom just retired from teaching but went back for a month just to help the school out (newbee teachers quit and look for another carreer... The same way you press "reset" on a game console once you've been shot right after starting the game... those kids...). She told me it was a good time to retire... kids are... well she says the future is scary. And my mother always hits the nail on the head. Great woman.

Anyway..

I think I'll have Müslix'... with strwberries on top! Yummmy!!

Finally a sunny day in Montreal...
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

LOL
that image cracked me up

anyway as i said before, i just found FL to be uncomfterble to use.

and i got what u guys said, doesnt really metter what u r using as long that u know how to use it correctly
i just thought that some software have an advantage on other, all depending on what u want to creat.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Stomper wrote:
...i got what u guys said, doesnt really metter what u r using as long that u know how to use it correctly...

Yep... My transition to electronic zik was done with this:

With that thing, you are forced to make the most out of every sound... hence I got to know it backwards. I recenly loaded a few tracks I did with this thing... It became obvious that the excitement of moving to using a computer and all the gadgets made me lose track of a few fundamental things.
cyborgk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cyborgk »

pheek wrote:
I use it too ... Most people look at me in disbelief when I say I made such and such with FL. If you use external VST's, there's no noticable difference in sound quality between this and other platforms.