Minimal with Live 6

- ask away
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

A guitar ISN'T enough to make rock music... if you had any comprehension skills, you'd understand that he is asking if live is enough to make the music that he classifies as "minimal." And yes, live is enough to make any kind of electronic music.

But for plaster, if you want to make rock music, I suggest getting a guitar, maybe bass and a drum kit... also, some mixing software if you don't have any more members of your band. You'll need some good mics for recording as well.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

lil' jerk wrote:
But for plaster, if you want to make rock music, I suggest getting a guitar, maybe bass and a drum kit... also, some mixing software if you don't have any more members of your band. You'll need some good mics for recording as well.

i'm completely aware of that, thank you! :D
we use an analogue desk and a dat recorder for our band here.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

ri wrote:Na, use anythign you want....

I was merely suggesting something for a good reason. Not giving an order. Sharing my experience. :roll:
ShereKhan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ShereKhan »

It's enough. Nothing else to say really, put some time and effort into it, and your skills will improve gradually.
I have been using it now for a few days but it seems like I need a better piano roll edit.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

ShereKhan wrote:
It's enough. Nothing else to say really, put some time and effort into it, and your skills will improve gradually.
I have been using it now for a few days but it seems like I need a better piano roll edit.
Why?
ShereKhan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ShereKhan »

aallvor wrote:
ShereKhan wrote:
Why?
It is very hard to do something in that editor if your are yousing some synths and not only loops.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

ShereKhan wrote:
aallvor wrote:
ShereKhan wrote:
Why?
It is very hard to do something in that editor if your are yousing some synths and not only loops.
Since you already spent money on Live, maybe you should try it some more before you decide to ditch it!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

ShereKhan wrote:
aallvor wrote:
ShereKhan wrote:
Why?

hm..do you have a midi controller? it sux to draw notes.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.