mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Me in a rave.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I'm a snob
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
salaisinko?
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by salaisinko? »

heh, in finland we have this minority of finnish swedes and to be honest, 'bout 80% of them think they're better than the rest of us. thank god I'm moving to
barcelona :p
"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

-Orwell
miami_jim
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miami_jim »

Now I think I am a music snob...I definitly turn my nose up at garage and R & B and all that nonsense...plus reality TV people In that case I am a snob because I am so much better than they are....and none of you lot can say any different...there are absoloutley some people that you see around and you just think uuurrggghh thank god I am me and not them...

!...anyone on Jerry spinger, or rikki lake or any of those so called entertainment shows.....

Come on you lot admit it we are all snobs......

Bt t lst we'r mnml snbs.....
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

Let's divide snobbish people into those snobbish about material and about non-material things.

I could write for ages, but briefly, material snobes mostly show insecureness or have nothing else with what they might present themselves, nothing inside them. They are often spoilt. In my experience, they are mostly revealed as superficial.

Non-material snobes (music etc.) is a different thing. Most of us here actually are music snobes. It is just the feeling or fact that you reached a higher level.

So, the term "snobe" should not be regarded as disapproving. :D
Last edited by delayer on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salaisinko?
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by salaisinko? »

delayer wrote:
Non-material snobes (music etc.) is a different thing. Most of us here actually are music snobes. It is just the feeling or fact that you reached a higher level.

So, the term "snobe" should not be regarded as disapproving. :D
I totally agree on that one but material snobism is much more common and it really irritates the crap out of some people. btw, is purism the highest level of musical-snobism? :D
"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

-Orwell
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

salaisinko? wrote: btw, is purism the highest level of musical-snobism? :D
Maybe, in one way. But, on the other hand, purism might be a lower level or a start while experiment and research would be the product of dedicating to music and pushing its boundaries. It depends on the individuum - as all things in life. :P

Btw I see your Orwell signature. It's from 1984? I still haven't read it. :idea:
zkreso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zkreso »

It's hard to be a music snob because people just think you're wierd. Sort of an oppsite snob effect.
net stop wuauserv