M-nus Haters

- open
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

the problem with this board is that a large part of its members are mostly newbie-ish bandwagon jumpers and not real music lovers who have developped their taste in electronic music throughout the years. they've heard about minimal last year, in some crazy after-party that lasted till tuesday and decided it was their next big thing because they were high on md. most of them don't even care about the history of house/techno, which is essential to understand why we are here today, having discussions on the internet about this 'minimal techno' (which a lot of people on others boards are already calling 'the new progressive', in a negative way) released by some of the most forward thinking labels in the dance music scene. richie, his label, and the m_nus crew deserve their respect, they are putting out quality and innovative electronic music, with every release having its special appeal and its own distinctive qualities. those who can't see it or at least appreciate this fact are certainly the 'it's hip to be a m_nus hater' types, which i like to call the minimal communist party... they should do their homework and learn a bit about what they're hearing, imo.

sure in the end it all comes down to taste... and e.

by the way, can't wait for richie to release his "choice" compilation on azuli. i wanna see all of his recent groupies going bananas if he decides to include a non-techno track...

... getting ready to be flamed. i'll get my coat. :roll:
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

mlexicon wrote:yes the dvd ....i forgot the name.(green...lots of squares) ...really nice
everything, everything

It's a good kind of "scrapbook" of their early to mid career... some of their finer moments in there.

If you enjoy and want a trip down memory lane, hit youtube and search for underworld.. some videos and some live footage too in there. There's a handful of songs of theirs that I went to listen to again and even though it's 10 years later and they aren't even my "style" any more, they are still enjoyable. That's a sign of good work. Pearl's Girl and Jumbo, for instance.. I think I could listen to Jumbo any time and still enjoy it. Even if it IS a bit softer than what I'm into now ;)

(c'mon - great groove, great synths! and that golden truncated vox saying "click" being used as extra percussion... the music is better than the video here though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrzRa4i ... ed&search= )
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I hate hate
antonio_pt wrote:the problem with this board is that a large part of its members are mostly newbie-ish bandwagon jumpers and not real music lovers who have developped their taste in electronic music throughout the years.
well I usually tend to ignore this "large part"...
adam wrote: If you enjoy and want a trip down memory lane, hit youtube and search for underworld..
went to their live last night - it ROXXORD 8)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

mlexicon wrote:
by the way underworld just put out a track everyone here would dig

Their work on the soundtrack for "breaking and entering" is pretty nice.. but its not what you would normally equate to underworld... its way cinematic and at times nice and jazzy, but you can feel them in it. Good listening music.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

well the haters define the lovers, and vice versa, so i guess the extremes require one another to exist.
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

antonio_pt wrote:the problem with this board is that a large part of its members are mostly newbie-ish bandwagon jumpers and not real music lovers who have developped their taste in electronic music throughout the years. they've heard about minimal last year, in some crazy after-party that lasted till tuesday and decided it was their next big thing because they were high on md. most of them don't even care about the history of house/techno, which is essential to understand why we are here today, having discussions on the internet about this 'minimal techno'
In your general idia i totally agree with you, but how can you judge all members of this forum Only through your PC screen.
The reason that I so much love this forum is couse I think different, that no like in other communities here registered only a real mnml lovers like me, that aware of the history and totally undestand why we are here today.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: M-nus Haters

Post by minimal house »

Leon Neon wrote:Regardless of when someone started listening to minimal or M-nus-they have a right to enjoy music they like without being judged.

i have the right to hate on any music i want to. Im not hating on mnus..but sh!t yo..if someone wants to hate, thats their peace. Ignore it.
Last edited by minimal house on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

very american of you tom