Does the medium play the artist?

- open
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

we are not having a party in the wilderness, aren't we?

Post by pizzamon »

LoL, sometimes I wonder. These days It seems more like a high-school playground than an event. I get frustrated with the whole scene a lot. I just think that music is communication, and that there should be an organized concept coming from it.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

but there is! it's called organised xtc eating.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

plaster wrote:but there is! it's called organised xtc eating.
:lol: nice 1
and also agreed on the "showing the others" point.
anyway, anything u do to achieve the "coolness" just for the "cool" of it, is meant to rot. If u don't need, dont have an urge to do it then don't fucking do it.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

the way i see it the process of creation is mine alone but the end product is for anyone.
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

In each other scenes there are people who want to be noticed and produced themselves too. That's human beeing an not only a minimal scene problem. A pitty we know. But quality will pushing throug :P
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

minimalicious_nadine wrote:In each other scenes there are people who want to be noticed and produced themselves too. That's human beeing an not only a minimal scene problem. A pitty we know. But quality will pushing throug :P
eventually yes, quality will push through but another human condition is to focus on the present to a perverse extent and forget about progression. it would be nice to think that art is exempt but regretfully many times it is not. but i do believe that everything buds when given time, but with too much time comes rotting.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Does the medium play the artist?

Post by thom »

plaster wrote:
pizzamon wrote:Why do you do what you do? Are you trying to be cool? Do you want people to notice you? After all, you can play and produce music at home for yourself, just as well as in front of a crowd. Do you really have anything to say? Before most of you were losing your babyteeth people could use music to communicate with, and understand the world around them. The music industry went south when it began to play the artist; so stop being so narcissistic, and get off the drugs. :idea:

everything you do is about showing to other people. whoever denies that is a liar.
Speaking for everyone else included?

I won't lie: I disagree.

Some do it for personal/spiritual reasons and you won't often find them trying to get people understanding that because it does not matter.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Hum. The chosen words might be a bit harsh but i kind of agree with the first post on this topic.
Don't you guys get the impression that the music production gets way to much about production and not too much about music anymore? Sure, this cannot only be said about minimal crap and so on (sorry but the word just pisses me more and more) but, hey, i absolutly agree with "what are you trying to say?" (pizzamon) and i'm pretty close to absolutly agree with the "but there is! it's called organised xtc eating" by plaster.

I'll propose another concept behind "it" though.
Besides the fact of prooving something to other people, isn't the concept behind making little money with little efforts, a few ideas and a hell of plug-ins?

Now if you excuse me, i'm gonna run away before the mnml teenager rotweilers jump on me. :lol: