What to start with ?

- ask away
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

as some of the others already stated:

start with reason. study the manual. and try to get that video tutorial for it. it really helps you and shows how a track is created from A to Z. then get the book "powertool for reason" and work throught. after that you will have in deepth knowledge of reason. get yourself a midi controller/keyboard somewhere along the way.

after that get your self either logic, cubase or live. try them out and you will soon see what suits you.

well, that's the way i went, and i think it worked and still works for me.
unminimaltruisme
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by unminimaltruisme »

Hi northernlight.

Could you tell me more about the video tutorial of reason ? Is it made by propellerhead ? Where can I find it ?

Thank you for your answer.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

I just want to say this once and for all, you don't have to agree with me, but I think reason sucks. To me it is a waste of money. You are buying an elaborate and very picky sampler that sounds like ass. Be different and go with something else.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

people always overlook trackers but i would say give renoise a try. it is cheap and it offers a really interesting way of making music in a nonlinear fashion. it just takes some getting used to since we are so used to seeing the progression of music on a sequencer.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

VinceRobaw wrote:Hi northernlight.

Could you tell me more about the video tutorial of reason ? Is it made by propellerhead ? Where can I find it ?

Thank you for your answer.
i try to find it on the web but it's not around.

the one i used was for Reason 2.5, so i don't know if it's still available.

i will search around a bit more. if you cannot find it, pm me.
kinatas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kinatas »

northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

provaznik wrote:people always overlook trackers but i would say give renoise a try. it is cheap and it offers a really interesting way of making music in a nonlinear fashion. it just takes some getting used to since we are so used to seeing the progression of music on a sequencer.
yes, tracker is of course an interessting way to go.

i would say check them all out.

get demos of all the software out there: renoise, logic, live, cubase, reason, fl studio, etc.

maybe give each a week to try out. i think you will easily spot the one you like the best.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

oh yeah and if you are on a pc buzz is a really awesome tracker that has all sorts of new plugins made by users coming out all the time.