minimal bassline

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

provaznik wrote:be sure to do a lot of work with the amp/ pitch/ filter envelopes to get a more refined sound if you should decide to use a low sine wave bass. well that's what i do at least.
dude, is that eminem in your avatar?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
czan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by czan »

plaster wrote:
provaznik wrote:be sure to do a lot of work with the amp/ pitch/ filter envelopes to get a more refined sound if you should decide to use a low sine wave bass. well that's what i do at least.
LOOL :P
niro83
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by niro83 »

thx provaznik
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

plaster wrote:
nope it's me. a friend took it for a high school photo class and i kind of liked it so i guess it has kind of stuck with me for the last few years.
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

use this for bassline

synth 1. soo good. soo free.

http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/

(yes i understand it is hosted on a geocities site..but trust me..this is the PHAT sh!t!

as for drums you should go for drumatic (which is free) or microtonic (which is cheap)

i think these are the best because they are so simple. and for the most part mnml tracks don't use very complicated synth sounds as sources.
and because these synths are so simple...you can easily start programming them from scratch to get the sound you have in your head.
i find it hard to get my head around synths with too much knobs and sliders and efxs.
czan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by czan »

tzusing wrote:use this for bassline

synth 1. soo good. soo free.

http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/

(yes i understand it is hosted on a geocities site..but trust me..this is the PHAT sht!

as for drums you should go for drumatic (which is free) or microtonic (which is cheap)

i think these are the best because they are so simple. and for the most part mnml tracks don't use very complicated synth sounds as sources.
and because these synths are so simple...you can easily start programming them from scratch to get the sound you have in your head.
i find it hard to get my head around synths with too much knobs and sliders and efxs.
thanks!
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

mlexicon wrote:try a sine wave with a lowered octave
Could have been from me ;-)

I still recommend Subtractor for Baselines - simple but good
--

alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

depends what kind of sounds you're going for
u can use an eq'd found sound, or you can use a vst.
for synthy stuff i like ablpro, or if you like the farty analogy sounds maybe an ms20 vst (korg), etc etc

just make sure to keep your bass and kick mono and use whatever you want to make the sound you want. just experiment until it sounds ok i guess

i try to go the found sound route for more subby techno-y stuff, but keep it vst's for housier funkier stuff.

what i'm trying to figure out is how to make a "farty" bassline that's so farty that it pretty much just sounds like a tiny wave peak repeating at low frequency... hmm dont know if that makes sense... but any insight is welcome :) think of a stuttering growling farty growl.... haha drum n bass kinda bass i guess

a.