mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

maybe im not expaining myself well..but whatever
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

mlexicon wrote:hes bad ass

i can see where your criticism is coming from, but i think his style is all his own and i see nobody doing what he does...i hear alot of copycats, but they fall in comparison. If your getting bored its probably somehow your own fault and lack of imagination thats the real problem.

i understand your point too, but being original doesn't neccesarely mean you'll sell music that sounds exactly the same as your first ep. i mean, come on. going around with tracks that are THE same.

maybe thats the new trend and we just dont see that yet!
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: someone else

Post by cyhl »

plaster wrote:maybe daniel from foundsound crew could possibly answer to my question.
well, here you go...

first, there's one thing that you got wrong: sean never uses the same sounds over and over in different tracks... all his sounds are different from track to track; this is obvious for all his remixes since he uses only sounds from the original track; maybe sometimes a kick or a snare comes back in his original work, but I'm sure this is not what you're talking about... and, as you guys must have understood by now, the kick or snare is not what define the foundsound style (and sean's style), since we're all making music from found sounds, whether they come from field recordings, or creative sampling (whatever that means, hehe...), and all these sources are 100% different from track to track!

then, you have to know that sean worked very hard to define a style; and by now, all his tracks are totally characteristic of the style he created; his style is not defined by the sounds he's using (since, as I told you before, they're all different every time), but by the processing he's applying to them: the combination of effects, the drum programming, the use of specific tricks... that's what creates the overall feel that is so easy to identify!!! daniel, I'm sure you've realized it, one thing that is very difficult after you've been producing for a little while and you're starting to make music that you're satisfied with, is to create your own sound! then, it is even more difficult to create a style that is different enough from everything that was done before, and that everybody will recognize in an instant (just count the number of artists that you can identify every single time, there's probably less than 10); so you have the right to think whatever you want and to say it, no problem, but I think that an artist who's reached that point has definetely accomplished something that people need to respect... so just try thinking twice about this every time ;)

finally, you have to be aware that you (people buying record as they come out) are not able to listen to the tracks in the order they were written/produced, just because every label has different production delays and release schedules (I've seen some of sean's tracks getting released one month after they were written, and some others taking more than 1 year 1/2!!!!!!!!!)... I listen to all the tracks that sean makes as he makes them... and obviously, that allows me building a different perspective on it, probably more accurate, and trust me, I can hear sean's sound evolving with time... I won't say it's drastic, sure, it's subtle changes that happen slowly within his well defined style, but it's definetely there!

hope that clarified a few things ;)
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

This thread made me remember how awesome some of his tracks are actually :roll:
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

his higlight & only record of his i actually own was this
the "minimal" trend has maximised
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I dig his productions, especially after seeing him live twice during DEMF...
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

to cyhl---

there was many people involved in that sound that you say someonelse created...
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

jay haze wrote:to cyhl---

there was many people involved in that sound that you say someonelse created...
I hear you. I mean, I think no one really invented anything, its just logic continuity of some ideas we had by listening to something we thought inspiring 8)