Ableton announced Live 6 features

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

i see lots of bull. the essential instruments - like ok, buy another samplebank which u'll hardly ever use.
Project Management Tools - def something that will render my documents or program files folder full of stuff u don't want to be there (k, will see about that but I don't feel good about it).
QT video support - ok lets cram in even more stuff u don't use.
The Rack thingy feels nice though (k, we'll see about that too)

where are the multilane envelopes goddamnit???
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Actually, I see a list of upgrades that are all very relavant to various groups of people. Considering that they paid extremely close attention to what the majority of the people on the forums were asking for the upgrades, they've done very very well.

The only gripe I have is that it doesn't look like they've done the audio overhaul that they should have done with 5!! grrrr...

And they STILL need to sort out their fucking swing function, come on, not that hard this day and age to supply something that is VITAL for production, well, vital now that Live is a complete sequencing workstation.

But all and all, the multi-render is good to pump out a project easily to get into a pro-audio environment to do the final mixdown. WIll finally be able to render the hundred tracks that I have sitting there looking a bit flat ;0
r.i.

let the music talk
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

ri wrote:
And they STILL need to sort out their fucking swing function, come on, not that hard this day and age to supply something that is VITAL for production, well, vital now that Live is a complete sequencing workstation.

u got a swing option man!
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Robot Criminal wrote:QT video support - ok lets cram in even more stuff u don't use.
It's not cause you won't use that other people won't either.
This is a very handy option, now you can make your own music to go with your videos.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

well if i want to work with video I use apps for video (and I think all of them have tools for sound manipulatsion, more or less)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Yeah but do they all have the same features as ableton live?
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

damn and i just paid for an upgrade to 5.2 a few weeks ago :(

i might wait to get this version until im craving the need to play with some video. the racks sound sweet though
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

revy wrote:damn and i just paid for an upgrade to 5.2 a few weeks ago :(

i might wait to get this version until im craving the need to play with some video. the racks sound sweet though
Since you paid for 5.2, you'll get that much money off when you buy 6.0. I remember that from when I bought 5.2.