- wax
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [UNDERSTAND003] Rhadoo - Arhiva EP

Post by ray parry »

blizt wrote:
Igloobs wrote:price is absurd for kind a 2006 style dark minimal :F

i hope this sh!t will translate in a turn over, just for being them conscious how wrong is to take advantage from the hype.

when hype will dead (and it will some other time, and from what i heard around this will happen soon) , the will be dead and people will remember this incorrect behavior, especially THE TRUE LOVERS that they trust to protect with high prices.

enjoy
They are hyped. There is no doubt about, but it's not their fault. They make pretty decent sounding music and trying to be different, having their own sound, and that is good and healthy for the scene. Sounds like they are "forging" a sound of romania if you ask me. You can see there are strong influences between them. And most of the music coming from these artists it's still way better than any of the Nick Curly and the usual suspects releases. But in some cases I fail to get as impressed as some people do. Petre first album's, in my opinion, it's still the best release coming out from romania.
quote]

yeah agreed. they have their own sound for sure and its of high quality.
taff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by taff »

Rhadoo "Going like you" it's my definition of future classic in this case.

Absolute banger.[/quote]

absolutley! good times :-flower
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

taff wrote:Rhadoo "Going like you" it's my definition of future classic in this case.

Absolute banger.
absolutley! good times :-flower[/quote]

That track is a killer, but the Arhiva EP also gets me really excited! I can't wait to have my copy. Absolutely love it and agree on the future classic part of this one.
Igloobs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Igloobs »

blizt wrote:
Igloobs wrote:price is absurd for kind a 2006 style dark minimal :F

i hope this sh!t will translate in a turn over, just for being them conscious how wrong is to take advantage from the hype.

when hype will dead (and it will some other time, and from what i heard around this will happen soon) , the will be dead and people will remember this incorrect behavior, especially THE TRUE LOVERS that they trust to protect with high prices.

enjoy
They are hyped. There is no doubt about, but it's not their fault. They make pretty decent sounding music and trying to be different, having their own sound, and that is good and healthy for the scene. Sounds like they are "forging" a sound of romania if you ask me. You can see there are strong influences between them. And most of the music coming from these artists it's still way better than any of the Nick Curly and the usual suspects releases. But in some cases I fail to get as impressed as some people do. Petre first album's, in my opinion, it's still the best release coming out from romania.
stepz wrote:when I see a vinyl at these prices I always ask myself: I will play in 10 years? no .... I think this falls into the category of future classics
Rhadoo "Going like you" it's my definition of future classic in this case.

Absolute banger.

i also like a lot their early stuff , but now are 5 years producing very similar music, and again.
and i think the quality of their productions decreased a lot, not like the prices of their records :p

just remember how crazy was petre Lp on cadenza or on arpiar itself, you're right.

now is not same level , i have to be honest saying this, what i really think.

we have to remember that we like underground stuff and with this prices sorry, the idea of underground music fail.

on the other side i love them as djs, this is just a critique, with the hope this will be constructive and not polemic :)))
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ray parry wrote:the price is because of shipping.
you also get cover artwork which is going to cost.
That's what i used to say... But you know what... They don't press their records on the Moon, and the cover artwork isn't that expensive either.
Sundance (see also Uncanny Valley, Freund der Familie) releases are just as high quality and the last time i checked they cost 5 pounds cheaper.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

they should remaster and reissue 'going like you' now they have learned how to master & press records properly
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

breton wrote:
That's what i used to say... But you know what... They don't press their records on the Moon, and the cover artwork isn't that expensive either.
Sundance (see also Uncanny Valley, Freund der Familie) releases are just as high quality and the last time i checked they cost 5 pounds cheaper.
are they limited them labels though?

if you do full cover artwork you need to sell around 600 to break even at around £3 a piece to distro. Someone told me who works for a record shop that they get them pressed outside of romania then sent to romania, then back out again to the distro. he said this is why the cost is so high.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ray parry wrote:
breton wrote:
are they limited them labels though?
That's a good point. But then don't say that the price is high because of the cover artwork.
The price is high because of the hype...
ray parry wrote:Someone told me who works for a record shop that they get them pressed outside of romania then sent to romania, then back out again to the distro. he said this is why the cost is so high.
... and ourown.ro's ineffectiveness as a distribution company.

ps: though, i guess, i only complain because the music is sub-par this time. or i just grew tired of that romanian sound altogether.