81%
Other skills
8%

Total votes: 90

Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

are you guys actually disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing? It's always like this on mnml.nl. 2 pages of interesting thoughs and then 8 pages of random rants between 2 people who understand each other pretty well if they would do their best.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Kiani wrote:are you guys actually disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing? It's always like this on mnml.nl. 2 pages of interesting thoughs and then 8 pages of random rants between 2 people who understand each other pretty well if they would do their best.
:oops: I guess the point I'm trying to make is that turntables aren't useless to a turntable DJ.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

trak660 wrote: Every DJ has a unique style, even the ones who use sync to match the beat. Nobody fades or uses the EQ the same way. There are so many ways to mix music. I don't understand what you are talking about at all. Do you even listen to techno? I've never heard two DJs who sound exactly the same.
By the way, I voted for track selection. :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

jeesus that's what i'm saying... the way you mix is what's unique, gives you your style... beat matching doesn't come into it.. its purely a mechanical funciton.. it doesn't give you a signature.. you even said it yourself... nobody fades or eqs the same way.. you don't even mention beat matching in the same breath....

i do listen to techno... do you know how to read english... i think you should go re-read my posts so you understand what i'm rattling on about.
Marvid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marvid »

patrick bateman wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
:lol:

You are so nasty - made that Poll just for the lol, din't ya? ;)
Well done, much better than TV! *grabs popcorn*
jackbrazzo

Post by jackbrazzo »

isnt transition and beat matching the same?

Surely it is
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

no that's why they've got different names...

transition is the erm transition between two tracks...

beat matching is the sh!t you do in the background to get it in time so that you can do the "transition"

whether you beat match it manually or get something else to do it... it doesn't affect the transition.. so long as you can beat match properly...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

jackbrazzo wrote:isnt transition and beat matching the same?

Surely it is
that was my original thought when I made the poll.
I see now I should have written beat matching & mixing technique.

but who cares, everybody is on the track selection thing.
Which means that it doesn't matter how the music is presented, as long as the music is good.