Who are the most influential Djs & producers of all time

- open
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Jeff Mills - Live at the Liquid Room Tokyo

Richie Hawtin - DE:9 Closer to the Edit

Both legendary mixes, and both had a huge impact on my musical tastes and direction. Not particularly old, but I'd rate these as the most important mix CDs I ever heard, without a doubt.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

infernal.techno wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Hes not doing sh!t....

I liked this kinda sh!t a long time ago, until I heard Live at the liquid room. That was the end of that.

Shpongel / Hallucinogen was pretty good though.
Lol. Simon Posford has recently become "relevant" in the american festival scene...druggies/hippies love him. I saw him once when I was younger and did actually go into it with some psychedelic help...I thought it was terrible.

Music that fast and out of control is not attractive. Slow it down and listen to production quality and you will see a considerable amount of psytrance is crap.
Not true at all. I found out about hallucinogen around 97 when I was into that sound for a bit, He seemed to be the most popular producer of the genre. He is classically trained musician and u can hear that in his productions, he is actually the only name I can remember from when I was into Goa for a bit. I actually seen him live when I was living in ATL for a few years back then.

It was actually a nice change from Dj Icey, Crystal Method, and all that other bullshit that was considered great "techno" during those years in ATL.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

miniKAT wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Hes not doing sh!t....

I liked this kinda sh!t a long time ago, until I heard Live at the liquid room. That was the end of that.

Lol. Simon Posford has recently become "relevant" in the american festival scene...druggies/hippies love him. I saw him once when I was younger and did actually go into it with some psychedelic help...I thought it was terrible.

Music that fast and out of control is not attractive. Slow it down and listen to production quality and you will see a considerable amount of psytrance is crap.
Not true at all. I found out about hallucinogen around 97 when I was into that sound for a bit, He seemed to be the most popular producer of the genre. He is classically trained musician and u can hear that in his productions, he is actually the only name I can remember from when I was into Goa for a bit. I actually seen him live when I was living in ATL for a few years back then.

It was actually a nice change from Dj Icey, Crystal Method, and all that other bullshit that was considered great "techno" during those years in ATL.
Yeah...recently relevant in American festival circuit...aka jambands. Of course he was popular in 97...that's the time period most of his music was created. Maybe I should have said "recently relevant again"
- matt
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

The most influential dj of all time is a no brainer---Ron Hardy. The man spawned underground dance music as we know it today. May and Mills were understudies.
Last edited by minimal house on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Aphex Twin & Squarepusher
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

infernal.techno wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Hes not doing sh!t....

Yeah...recently relevant in American festival circuit...aka jambands. Of course he was popular in 97...that's the time period most of his music was created. Maybe I should have said "recently relevant again"
Yea, I dont really follow his stuff, but i hear mad people mention Shpongel this, Shpongel that, then i found out that its Hallucinogen. So I remembered i used to listen to this cat. He was pretty good.

So hows the old ATL, still throwing parties at the International Ballroom?

To Anizz:

Aphex Twin and Squarepusher? Are u sure?
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

miniKAT wrote:
To Anizz:

When it comes down to Producing.. definetely! Apart from that.. there are many many producers influenced by Aphex Twin! Maybe not Squarepusher but he does similar stuff too!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

miniKAT wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
miniKAT wrote: Hes not doing sh!t....

Yea, I dont really follow his stuff, but i hear mad people mention Shpongel this, Shpongel that, then i found out that its Hallucinogen. So I remembered i used to listen to this cat. He was pretty good.

So hows the old ATL, still throwing parties at the International Ballroom?

To Anizz:

Ha...no on intl ballroom and not for a while. Techno got cool again, then died out again. Shitty clubs and promoters ... This town is and will always be about hip hop (which can be cool) and whatever was cool 3 years ago (electro hipster)
- matt