Dj Bone interview (bring some hate)

- open
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

miroslav wrote:^^^ Ok then! I guess according to you we can all try to live in our own little conceited vacuum bubble where we only listen to the music of our own local "group", where we pretend that technology hasn't made the world smaller, and where we believe that ideas and sounds and influences do not (and should not) travel across borders. It can be like we live in the year 1582 again - could be kind of fun!

Hey, here's an idea: maybe you could embark on a mission to convince all the musicians of the world that they must have a valid Michigan license and registration with a permanent Detroit address for a minimum of five years before they can produce anything that you and your little band of brothers determine to have any of that "Detroit" sound. Check in with us in a bit and let us know how that's working out for you ;)

:lol:
First off Miroslav, go fck yourself.....

secondly...
I never said everybody had to listen to sh!t from their own city. I buy allot of records that aren't from here but i don't go and copy their sound. If i come to one of the labels around here with some sh!t that sounds like somebody else they won't even consider releasing it and you know what, they shouldn't. Nobody is sitting here and saying that everybody but Detroit is a bunch of assholes, there are plenty of assholes here too. Anybody reading this is welcome at anytime to come down here and see first hand how hard everybody works and take a tour.

Wake up people, just wake the fck up. This is not about Detroit this is about innovation. The same thing is happening in Detroit that is happening over there, the music has stopped progressing. All this technology has not brought about the future in this music it has just made sounding like the next guy easier. That next sh!t is the stuff that is sitting there right inside your head. People need to stop second guessing themselves in the studio and just make what comes naturally without worrying about who's going to buy the sh!t. Don't be that guy.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

mlexicon wrote:why did they trade billups?. thats all i want to know.

:(
I would like to know that too :(
I was like WTF?!
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Torque wrote:First off Miroslav, go fck yourself.....
Tell you what, bro... go on, call me the worst things you can think of - let it all out. If that's what you need to feel like a tough guy, then do it. Me, I'm a grown man and I don't need to resort to name calling on an internet forum. That is pathetic. So I won't respond to any name calling out of respect for myself and others on this forum. We don't need more of that juvenile sh!t around here.

But for the record, I don't believe that your opinion is sacrosanct just because you're from Detroit (everyone: ohhhh! ahhhh!). :roll:

Here's what you seem not to notice in your arrogance: whatever music you produce actually stands on the backs of THOUSANDS of other musicians before you who influenced people you listened to who influenced you... I'm not saying you don't also incorporate your own creativity into your music (I don't know; I assume you do), but you probably don't even KNOW how influenced by others you have been over your lifetime. And that's the case for every producer out there.

Tell you what. Instead of sitting here whining about all the people in the big bad world who are encroaching on your precious "Detroit sound" and calling me names, why don't you just concentrate on the originality of what YOU are doing? How's that for an original idea? In case you haven't noticed, the world of artistic expression has ALWAYS been 99% imitation, 1% innovation...and that goes back to the time when people were drawing sh!t on cave walls. So ignore the 99% and just make sure you're one of the 1%.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

miroslav wrote:
Torque wrote:First off Miroslav, go fck yourself.....
Tell you what, bro... go on, call me the worst things you can think of - let it all out. If that's what you need to feel like a tough guy, then do it. Me, I'm a grown man and I don't need to resort to name calling on an internet forum. That is pathetic. So I won't respond to any name calling out of respect for myself and others on this forum. We don't need more of that juvenile sht around here.
Telling you to go fck yourself is not calling you a name it's just simply telling you to go fck yourself. That is of course unless me calling you miroslav was an insult of some sort and in that case i'm sorry.
miroslav wrote:But for the record, I don't believe that your opinion is sacrosanct just because you're from Detroit (everyone: ohhhh! ahhhh!). :roll:
Nobody should, you should all make up your own mind.
miroslav wrote:Here's what you seem not to notice in your arrogance: whatever music you produce actually stands on the backs of THOUSANDS of other musicians before you who influenced people you listened to who influenced you... I'm not saying you don't also incorporate your own creativity into your music (I don't know; I assume you do), but you probably don't even KNOW how influenced by others you have been over your lifetime. And that's the case for every producer out there.
I never said this wasn't the case. Those are your words not mine.
miroslav wrote:Tell you what. Instead of sitting here whining about all the people in the big bad world who are encroaching on your precious "Detroit sound" and calling me names, why don't you just concentrate on the originality of what YOU are doing? How's that for an original idea? In case you haven't noticed, the world of artistic expression has ALWAYS been 99% imitation, 1% innovation...and that goes back to the time when people were drawing sht on cave walls. So ignore the 99% and just make sure you're one of the 1%.
It's not "my" sound. I wasn't there making it in the beginning.
This is why this discussion is completely futile. No matter what i say i can not make you understand. I don't know if it's just a cultural difference or what. You're just going to draw conclusions in whatever form you like either way. You had your mind made up about me before you even typed a letter. If people around here want to beef just because what camp i'm in go ahead i don't give a sh!t, i find it funny. If i didn't like what was going on around on this board with all you cats i wouldn't be here. Keep it comin'
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I think a lot of people are make this music the wrong way. not from a technical point of view but the way people approach things. A lot of people are making music for the wrong reasons. There are way to many people who are making music because they want to be a DJ and not because they have something to say and have a love for making music.

Although i don't try and be innovative i at least just do my own thing. I think it's important to be yourself. it's clear that people are not being themselves otherwise Beatport wouldn't be so boring. either that or the people who i think are copying are actually just the same kind of people, how have the same life experiences, live in the same city, eat the same food, have the same job, have the same views on everything, same fashion sense, same fetish, have similar families all from the same class most defiantly go to the same parties.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Torque wrote:Telling you to go fck yourself is not calling you a name it's just simply telling you to go fck yourself. That is of course unless me calling you miroslav was an insult of some sort and in that case i'm sorry.
Yeah, thanks for the sentiment. Hope you feel proud.

I was going to respond more in depth to what you said, but frankly, none of this matters anyways. I have more important things to do, and I trust you do, too. So peace out.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I'd still like to know how you know who bone is talking about in his interview..

you state such bold words as (everyone) knows but yet two people on here are asking you who...

how do you know for sure? are you guessing... ? did he tell you specifically who he was talking about... has he told you in private? it's not that deep. you have made the statement everyone knows, so sharing this shouldn't be an issue..are you guys best friends... ? you speak so matter of fact as if it was your own words.. that is what I don't get by your statement...

p.s. if you can't refrain from telling even more users to go fck themselves, perhaps you should skip this site, create a UR forum where everyone carries negative energy, and strokes each others ego's.. 24/7..

I just honestly feel its truely sad to see so many great minds carry hatred the way they do. please let go of that energy and shock the world again vs. taking a globally artistic expression so personal, and playing my pond vs your pond.......and very possibly letting their ego take over their soul, and destroy their own future..

Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

john clees wrote:I'd still like to know how you know who bone is talking about in his interview..

you state such bold words as (everyone) knows but yet two people on here are asking you who...

how do you know for sure? are you guessing... ? did he tell you specifically who he was talking about... has he told you in private? it's not that deep. you have made the statement everyone knows, so sharing this shouldn't be an issue..are you guys best friends... ? you speak so matter of fact as if it was your own words.. that is what I don't get by your statement...

p.s. if you can't refrain from telling even more users to go fck themselves, perhaps you should skip this site, create a UR forum where everyone carries negative energy, and strokes each others ego's.. 24/7..

I just honestly feel its truely sad to see so many great minds carry hatred the way they do. please let go of that energy and shock the world again vs. taking a globally artistic expression so personal, and playing my pond vs your pond.......and very possibly letting their ego take over their soul, and destroy their own future..

Jon are you drunk posting again?
WTF is your problem?
And what's with all the hippie BS?
My last statement on the subject was a few posts back.
Give it a rest.....