Back to vinyl?

- open
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Most of the vinyl shops in my town have closed, and the ones that remain seem to sell mostly hip-hop/RnB/top-40 remixes.

Shame, one of the better stores used to have a Vintage used store across the street from it's main location where you could find all sorts of gems for a good price.

But, they closed that store, and the main one now is getting worse - the techno section shrunk and is almost gone, all their minimal stuff is sucked into 'European imports' and tends to only be the big-sellers of the genre.

Used to be fun flipping through there, but dont think I've gone into that store in over a year now.
gustafsson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustafsson »

Besides maintaining what i said above
i really find this interesting , many of the people i know who love vinyl
and have vinyl labels produce almost 100% in the box , that is the sound of their productions is totally digital

i find this very amusing

anyway whatever it suits , just buy the music and have fun
gustafsson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustafsson »

Besides maintaining what i said above
i really find this interesting , many of the people i know who love vinyl
and have vinyl labels produce almost 100% in the box , that is the sound of their productions is totally digital

i find this very amusing

anyway whatever it suits , just buy the music and have fun
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah and?

if you read above many people like vinyl cause its fun to play with it.

i would say if the sound would match exactly a digital setup, many people would still play with vinyl.

so there is no "we hate digital" attitude, or what every you want to imply here
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

thought about this topic when I got a mail yesterday about the opening of a new vinyl shop in Belgium. So, I think there are still very (stubborn) believers out there who will keep the vinyl thing alive for many more years to come. Other stores have just downsized a bit but are still going on... so it's not quite done yet with vinyl me reckons.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

why do you call us stubborn believers?

you can read in this topic that many people played digital and felt that they have less fun so the changed back.

again there is no stubborn attitude, there is fun and no fun
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

people will ALWAYS buy vinyl - myself included.....

sure others may view the medium of using computers : and that's ok..

can't tell you the feeling it was going to a house party the other day, playing all vinyl, and listening to people talking about how "real dj's" use vinyl... : and the idea of computers syncing tracks ect.. it was funny to me, but at the same time, I was very glad I invested the money on the vinyl (and shipping) that I did to have in my collection..

some people buy fancy things, some people buy fancy cloths, some people buy vinyl...

perhaps its just as simple as being one of life's simple pleasures that one may enjoy..

it's not for everyone to agree with or share the same view..

it sure is wonderful for those that appreciate..

the (art) of vinyl : in and of itself..
alias_9
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alias_9 »

It's unfortunate when it actually matters what format you spin music with. Instead of the quality of the music itself.