how did you start listening to minimal music?

- open
angelica
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by angelica »

Sipe wrote:Looking back, I want to marry that girl in the store that day. If I ever go anywhere with my music, I will give her recognition in the insert of an album.
amagad! thats sooo beautiful!

i remember when i was a kid, my family + my cousins family used to drive around the whole of europe visiting friends in various countries. long hours on the autobahn. my cousins father always brought with him casette tapes. i still remember the first time i heard kraftwerk, it was on one of those tapes, on the autobahn in the middle of nowhere. he was also into italo. i remember that at the age of 8-9 or something, i was fascinated. to me it sounded very strange but kinda funny since it was different than anything on the radio.
so, then i became the one making tapes for school discos from like 10yrs old. sitting up late at night recording casettes, from what was airing on a london radio station, it showed me a world completely outside anything on swedish radio... :D

then it went something like this:
synthpop/new wave-> electro -> electronica -> abstract electronics/glitch -> microhouse -> minimal tech
minimalicious
june
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by june »

FreaKske wrote:i think it must been around 1998 when i was 14 years old.... in these day's i listen to techno music beyer, carola, umek, liebing.... the harder techno
after that i discoverd the DE9 project when i went to a set played by hawtin on i love techno (2000 i think)... i luved it so much.. this was the point for me to buy my first 12" (http://e.discogs.com/release/2145)
i bought almost every m_nus i could... cuz the sound was something ...i never heard or could discribed before
later then i discoverd many other nice labels like Pokerflat,Trapez,Playhouse,Perlon, ...

Now those day's i didn't reallized i played mnml music ... for me it was just techno, only played a little bit slower... :)
i was also 14 in 98. it´s the same story i just didn´t play. i always went to tresor where usually techno was played but there were every sunday the globus afterhours. that was the future sound. basic for today.
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

jpls wrote:1998+lsd+consumed.
damn, watching this thread closely. you will not believe me :lol:
the same> 1998+lsd+but no hawtin, hmm, it was thomas köner - kaamos
:wink:
"smokin' hydroponic"
augusto palma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by augusto palma »

1999=Plastikman - Artifakts

back from that it was something very strange like this (since 1988, when I was 8 years old... I had a neighbour who was DJ)

rap, new beat & house -> death/doom metal -> rock/electronica/indietronica -> glitches/idm ->
mnml/deep tech

(+ all of the above + jazz, bossa, grind, orchestral...etc etc xD)
winston
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by winston »

in 1994 i got the plastikman - sheet one cd as a gift, that changed my life
this music was a drug, asking to be consumed, and i did
blueflame
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by blueflame »

2004 - when i started dating the best techno dj in puerto rico :oops:
marko jux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marko jux »

haha...

I VJ'd one night at a in a mnml tek room 2002...

Now a VJ DJ & Produce...

I have just submitted a RMX for Holger Flinsch's 'Five Me' Track of
Rotary Cocktail. Deep mnml tek

It is now a main part of my life.....

Viva La Mnml
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

Started for me in 1993 I was a 16 year old tired of the A2 punk scene and looking for something more fun then getting drunk with punks and skinheads. So I reached out to some friends who were going to parties in the D and one of them gave me a tape with some songs the first track on side 2 was F.U. by Fuse I liked it then about a month later I was taken to the Shelter and then after it closed we went to the 10th floor of an abandoned building that was hosting underground parties and my mind has never been the same.... :)
Last edited by Anonym on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where where where am I? Who who am I?