Beetham Tower

The Urbis

Chips

Civil Court

oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

some nice ones in my town. it's funny how you don't really notice them that much in your day to day life. Loads of stuff here is related to the famous university (Oxford), but for me the town is often culturally empty.

oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

speaking of unviersities, the one I went to had some amazing buildings. the architect was kind of insane, and ended up jumping to his death from the top of one the buildings.

library:

The Towers: (accomodation) (the original plan was to build 29 of these buildings (!!!) )

Last edited by oblioblioblio on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

from a town on the east coast of england. many english people used to go to these towns near the sea many years ago, and the towns were very nice, but now people go abroad, and these towns are really ghostly and decaying.

Can't find any good pictures to capture the vibe that was felt at this one, but I like this picture of the pier:

Rick McClatchie
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rick McClatchie »

Vox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vox »

@ shypht

Where are the first two buildings you posted pictures of?

The first one I've seen before somewhere.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

craziest buildings that I've seen are often in Holland. I really like the Hessing building near Amsterdam:

There's also a shopping mall not far away from there in the same style which is simply brilliant, but don't know the name of it. Anyway, everytime I come to Holland, I would drive around just to check out amazing buildings and bridges, the dutch have some amazing architects when it comes to big buildings :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Krul wrote:Image

courthouse in Antwerp
it's amazing indeed, impressive to enter the city through that side. Or seeing it from the leien :)

@ Krul: Didn't know you went to school in Bruges, always wanted to see how it looked from the inside, but the soundpanels from the ringroad kinda block the view. Think it's an amazing building :)