do we need to go back underground?

- open
morris215
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by morris215 »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:there is no underground anymore. underground is an ideal that the people keep, it is something the people involved wish to keep sacred and not blow up, it will never stay underground if the people involved want to be stars, or when they get the chance play the part, which unfortunetly this is happening alot these days. i dont know if people will ever really know what underground is anymore in this society. i am happy to have grown up in the eighties :-)
amen
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:there is no underground anymore. underground is an ideal that the people keep, it is something the people involved wish to keep sacred and not blow up, it will never stay underground if the people involved want to be stars, or when they get the chance play the part, which unfortunetly this is happening alot these days. i dont know if people will ever really know what underground is anymore in this society. i am happy to have grown up in the eighties :-)
so true!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:wish to keep sacred and not blow up:-)
:arrow: :idea:
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

minimal house wrote:bazzilions.
:lol:
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

'gameover' wrote:or going to smaller places, usually bigger djs and performers, for an example villalobos, hawtin etc. they make wild nights with not too much ppl.
Rochey wrote:maybe it's the venues that are the problem. I know of venues in Leeds that fill their clubs beyond the maximum capacity, which can ruin a night. there are other nights/clubs that don't do this, & it really makes a difference. You can't blame people for going out to clubs but the clubs have a responsability to keep everyone safe & make sure they have a good night.
I went to Villalobos night in Helsinki 29.04 and it was perfect! They let something like 250-300 ppl in and that was that. per-fec-to I tell u.
8)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Robot Criminal wrote:
'gameover' wrote:or going to smaller places, usually bigger djs and performers, for an example villalobos, hawtin etc. they make wild nights with not too much ppl.
Rochey wrote:maybe it's the venues that are the problem. I know of venues in Leeds that fill their clubs beyond the maximum capacity, which can ruin a night. there are other nights/clubs that don't do this, & it really makes a difference. You can't blame people for going out to clubs but the clubs have a responsability to keep everyone safe & make sure they have a good night.
I went to Villalobos night in Helsinki 29.04 and it was perfect! They let something like 250-300 ppl in and that was that. per-fec-to I tell u.
8)
helsinki is indeed a nice place. not surprised...
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

I like for it to be underground music personally but I would also like for people in america (as cheesy as us americans are) to get into other forms of dance music besides hip-hop, old red-neck poor some sugar on me cuts, and cheesy re-mix trance. I heard people say this and its true...you can't just focus on larger cities. So, if your an american, your on this board, and you live in small area and you play records (and want people to hear the music) go to a local bar that isn't doing so well. Make lots of friends, be extra nice to everyone, and start someting. Doesn't have to be to big to be fun. After a while people get into the music, they start to understand that you aren't doing it for attention (at least you shouldn't be) and they support it. It take a while but when it happens (and it may be only with a small group of people) it is something special. So don't bitch about how no body likes techno, or minimal. The reason they don't is because they haven't heard it enough to know any better and largely because you were at home watchin youtube vids of other peoples kick ass parties.
stringfello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stringfello »

good answer
Reborn in Detroit