- wax
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by Papa Bear »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
Themis wrote:
dirddey_iddler wrote: justifies that a repress?
is there a better justification than the artist wants it?
if a label or artist wants to do a repress, should they call you from now on and ask if its justified?
i dont know how many people told you in this thread already, but its THEIR PROPERTY they can do WHAT EVER THEY WANT.
you can make a track yourself and never repress it if thats what makes you happy.

i feel you dont grasp this concept of property in our world, you somehow think you have a saying in all that.

all what you are saying sounds surreal.
surreal are sometimes your interpretations

for all:
buy this repress, if you are satisfied with a cheap (limited) repress! hope that supports the work for FOF releasing vinyls and motivate nail for further productions.

for all, that own the original vinyl: you know what you have, and maybe some thoughts to your researches to get the original. buy the repress to save your copy(ies).
Lol, wtf is this yodaspeak, dirddey? :lol:
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

Dirddey quit being so silly and live with it man. The world isn't against your arguments but there are just too much people who are not in the same position as you are. Eventually, you will only bother yourself by taking the personal responsibility of fighting idea's that are embraced by a lot of other people.. Even though, respect for your perseverance! Gotta give it to you.
Igloobs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Igloobs »

i think you all need a big W joint folks..
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

Hi all... so strange to see this topic expanded so quickly. As you may well know BLM runs FOF, but he does so with myself, Jay. I'm not usually one to comment on the threads but this one is just so bizarre I couldn't help but dive on in.

Let's see who wins: -

1) The original label we licensed from - DIY
2) The artist - Nail
3) Our lil' label - Fear of Flying
4) Those who have never heard of the release perviously - people too young / people who just missed out for whatever reason
4) Those who could not / were not willing to meet the daft Discog prices
5) Our distributor / shops...

Please note - ALL the above contributes towards a healthy scene

Those who lose:

1) A couple of whiney people on message boards with a misplaced sense of 'owning' music
2) Discog sellers of the original LP / release (and maybe not even then - there are other tracks on Big Ds Longue y'know)

Do any of the above contribute to a healthy scene?

People bitchin' - PLEASE remember that it is not 'your' music. Ask yourself - would you rather the original label & artist is happy with this situation or would you rather your skewed sense of pride at having 'the original press' remained intact? Honestly..

This is the first 'straight up' re-release we've ever done - usually we include something new - a remix (like on the sanasol release) or the Mists track on the Schatrax release. I met Richard from DIY some years ago and have always been a fan of his label and the vision that DIY lived by and have been a fan of Nail for some years, including his involvement in Bent, so we got in touch, he was super pleased that someone was still interested in his music so we did the deal - 3 tracks from the Big D's Lounge LP and 'Optimus' from a separate ep.

Firstly, i must iterate again - this is not going to be a 'limited repress', Fear of Flying Limited is ONLY the name of the offshoot label, nothing to do with quantities.
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

Regardless of all you have just said I was wondering why you guys have chosen to call it 'Limited' then?
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

pastapiu wrote:Regardless of all you have just said I was wondering why you guys have chosen to call it 'Limited' then?
simply to differentiate it from the vibe of the main label, 'tis all.
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

koerperklaus wrote:
ray parry wrote:
koerperklaus wrote:
jespermygind wrote:great to see news from one of the most forward-thinking labels.....
yes!

boring and totally respectless to the real vinyl-collectors and lovers who had to fight or spend a lot of money for this true and rare gem!

fear of flying should better release new interesting stuff than to try to do fast money by rereleasing sum sought after discogs stuff- really poor and thumb down
perhaps you should check out their discogs. over 50+ releases since 2006 of which only 4 have been licensed. they are always releasing new music from new artists, so your comments are ridiculous.
but the point is: they are not releasing quality stuff!

its just catalogue 00boring, 00boring, 00boring, THEN 00GOLDEN-

mojuba for example is different. thomas is too rereleasing a lot- but quality! that is a big difference.

but anyway: in the end its all a matter of taste, like many dont like the "romanians" but many do it still.

good night, im outta here before someones gonna try to kill me because of all my ridiculouseness :* ciao tutti!
So it's alright for Mojuba to rerelease because they're rereleasing quality stuff, but it's not alright for us to rerelease the Nail EP, despite the fact you seem to think it's great (too great to repress apparently?)

hmm.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

fear_of_flying wrote:
Firstly, i must iterate again - this is not going to be a 'limited repress', Fear of Flying Limited is ONLY the name of the offshoot label, nothing to do with quantities.

such policy is exactly what is needed at the moment.. keep up the good work (*)