[Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Cats like Reboot, Villalobos and Luciano are doing really creative, inspiring things.
that hurts :/
Santillana
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Santillana »

Just ordered mine off Juno :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Themis wrote:
Cats like Reboot, Villalobos and Luciano are doing really creative, inspiring things.
that hurts :/
Makes me laugh him chatting about people not pushing things forward and making formulaic music when he has done exactly the same thing for years and years.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Just got my copy today. I actually love both sides. I did order the vinyl for the ricardo remix, but i was surprised in a good way by the original mix.

The A side. It starts very atmospherical, with lots of shuffling congas and the typical sneak beat. Then there is that synth during the breakdown that announce like something big is gonna happen. Well not really. But the beat on this one is strong and it looks like it can be mixed almost into anything.

The B side. B side is very villalobos. Ricardo takes away almost all the percussion and only leaves a skeltical hihat pattern and on top of that some cymbals that sound like if they were evaporating. It's hard to describe. The snare really can't compare to anything you may heard before, very minimal. Like the kick very soft and thin. But this is because there is alot of low end action on that side. Big warm bass, very deep sounding synth that works wonders with the bass and what sound like some rhodes chords do the rest. Oh, i almost forgot ricardo is tricking u on that one. The vocals are chopped, so he mutates the original "es todo lo mismo" (that translates to "everything is same") to "lemi smoke" ¿let me smoke?. :D
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

blizt wrote: The snare really can't compare to anything you may heard before, very minimal. Like the kick very soft and thin.
if you never heard tracks from villalobos, yeah, maybe.
otherwise a fair release :)
ffy_sxs

Post by ffy_sxs »

i have it in digital ( MASTERED) .. who needs it??
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

ffy_sxs wrote:i have it in digital ( MASTERED) .. who needs it??
(-)