mbase 11

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Just wanted to post again and say I'm very happy with my Mbase 11. The sound is fantastic, I will never use a sampled kick ever again. I find myself making the kick last now though, rather then first. I get all my other sounds down, and then tune the kick to the rest of the piece of music.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Can you make 808 type kicks with it? I have listened to the demos and a lot of the kicks have an agressive attack 'click' going on - which may not always be wanted. Just wondered if you can make 'softer' more rounded kicks too.

Im definitaly gonna have to get me one of these bad boys though. Have you managed to tweak all the parameters to cover its entire sound possibilities, if so, are there any other interesting sounds like toms, bass tones, bass efx that it can do?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:Can you make 808 type kicks with it? I have listened to the demos and a lot of the kicks have an agressive attack 'click' going on - which may not always be wanted. Just wondered if you can make 'softer' more rounded kicks too.

Im definitaly gonna have to get me one of these bad boys though. Have you managed to tweak all the parameters to cover its entire sound possibilities, if so, are there any other interesting sounds like toms, bass tones, bass efx that it can do?
yes you can get 808 type kicks, toms, bass, pretty much anything along those lines, and you can get lots of diversity in sound, no attack at all if you want.

its very versatile (well the mbase01 is, so the 11 can only be better)

ive got an entire range of different kicks saved in mine from soft booms to hard thwacks.
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

AK wrote:Can you make 808 type kicks with it? I have listened to the demos and a lot of the kicks have an agressive attack 'click' going on - which may not always be wanted. Just wondered if you can make 'softer' more rounded kicks too.
No problemo. It has a dedicated "Pulse" parameter for the click, also "Attack" and "Noise".
AK wrote: Im definitaly gonna have to get me one of these bad boys though. Have you managed to tweak all the parameters to cover its entire sound possibilities, if so, are there any other interesting sounds like toms, bass tones, bass efx that it can do?
Since you can play it chromatically, I use it for analog style toms.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cool, sounds like something id get a lot of mileage out of then, apart from software generated kicks, ive been sample-based with mine, will be a refreshing change. Are these available from jomox only or are outlets like digital village stocking them? (id look but im on restricted wap browsing at the moment)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:Cool, sounds like something id get a lot of mileage out of then, apart from software generated kicks, ive been sample-based with mine, will be a refreshing change. Are these available from jomox only or are outlets like digital village stocking them? (id look but im on restricted wap browsing at the moment)
you'll never go back to sampled kicks bro.

i got my mbase 01 on ebay for about £120
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yeah I thought the same AK when I listened to the demos, but you can get rid of the click for sure. I don't really know how to use it properly yet as I was just playing around over the weekend, but I can tell you that I am very happy with it.

The thing that makes it cool is that I can put a normal sampled kick from my samples in to start with build a track etc.. and then turn on the mbase. get rid of the sampled kick and tune the mbase to the track. I find that I can get it so right with the mbase that I'm not needing to add any EQ or Compression.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Any one of you using the BazzIsm kick maker plugin?
That's my goto kick plugin atm. And i also never use any compression or EQ on it. Except some saturation to get a tad a warmer tone...

Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk