Label that doesn't listen demo

- open
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

camus wrote:well you dont need to be good at sell bigmacs to work in a shitty restaurant ...
but what you say is true , since artists usually send each tracks to thousands of labels , they just dont take the time to know what the label is actually doin.

What you need is a real bio , with photos ect... telling what you've done and of couse to have a real ftp that provides direct links , A&R dont like rapidshare ;-)
Of course you don't need a masters in culinary studies to do burgers but that was not Daniel's point; he was using mcDonald's example to express his feeling that people are shopping around demos in a very commercial way and this without knowing the destination's. It really feel like spam, nothing else.

About the bio, I'm sorry but not many people read it nowadays. I prefer a personal introduction where the person introduces himself and actually give me the impression he is addressing to me, not 1000 other people at the same time.

About photos, that's a double-edged sword: you might get judged for your looks and it can give you a bad impression... Get a picture once you're signed. :P

And YES, A&R hate rapidshare links!!!! I ignore them ALL.