How cocaine is made

- open
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

RE: Shepard_of

Weird syncrocnicity/coicidence here. I've been rewatching a series called 'the Century of the Self' . It's about these very topics and is very very frightening and also revealing. it seems to be on google videos from what I can see.

Yeah psychiatry is often very very fucked up. I studied some stuff near to that field once and I really hated it.

I think we have many million miles to advance before how we as a society make room for the individual. And actually I believe using chemicals like MDMA and LSD in comfortable surroundings with a well suited guide might be a very promising avenue. The idea of some guy saying 'you're worng, this is how you should be' is stupid. But allowing people to look at themselves and make there own decisions, and maybe offering a little extrnal input is far more preferable.

And yes. Pharmaceutical companies are totally disgusting bodies. I work in an internet secondhand bookshop thing and I see many books with studies that favour a particular point of view about how to approach things, and on the inside is a sticker 'presented with the compliments of GlaxoSmithkline (or whoever)' . Appalling.

I think the levels of corruption in scoety are embedded very very deeply. But I feel like we can make a positive difference somehow, even if it is only a small one.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

S.D.L wrote:Are you into Scientology Sheperd?
No but I hear they have an enlightened view of the profession.
Robot Criminal wrote:though I think people need to b programmed.
Thats complicated. I mean it should happen naturally but I think that efforts to program people by the state or special interests should be resisted because it is unnatural and often not in your own interest. Generally people act in their own best interests so if an effort is being made to alter your behaviour its probably being done to give someone else an adventage.

Sometimes I wonder if people a few thousand years ago were really all that different. It is possible that we all have the same programming already, its just the enviromental variables that differ.

Its complicated though. Culture is programming, so is religion, education and family life. I don't like what is going on these days. I feel there is too much purposefully crafted/directed culture infiltrating education. Canada is the worst for this I think but I haven't gone to school anywehre else so I can't say for sure. They seem more intent on creating people with paticular world and life views rather then educating students in math, science, history, philosophy and free thinking. If they push technology it only to create marketable workers.
Robot Criminal wrote:Ohterwise "there be dragons"
Sometimes you can be quite cryptic.

@ oblioblioblio re. "the Century of the Self"

I am going to watch this on youtube... I will probably have some angry post about later :D
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
S.D.L wrote:Are you into Scientology Sheperd?
No but I hear they have an enlightened view of the profession.
:lol:
- matt
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Drugs are healthkillers... your body have a certain amount of "life energy", like in a game. Use it as you feel it as long as your an adult and reponsable. But dont be surprised when the words "game over" are profiling at the horizon shorter than you thought... and i'm not guilty
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Storlon wrote:Drugs are healthkillers... your body have a certain amount of "life energy", like in a game. Use it as you feel it as long as your an adult and reponsable. But dont be surprised when the words "game over" are profiling at the horizon shorter than you thought... and i'm not guilty
Not sure who you're referring too specifically with this post but I thought I'd respond anyways.

My post a couple up was referring to the possible benefits of using LSD and MDMA in counselling/therepy. Both chemicals were some of the most promising tools that therepists had ever seen. I have read some truly remarkable cases with both. MDMA for troubled relationships/ post traumatic stress disorder, and many other personal difficulties that the mind/body had built walls around becuase of the stress associated with dealing with those feelings. MDMA allowed these barriers to be broken down, and with a good counsellor who knew when to shut the fck up, these issues could be looked at clearly by the person on their own terms.

Also LSD had remarkable success rates at dealing with long term alcoholics as well as some other very promising studies. But obviously this chemical is one to be treated with more caution.

Generally I think drugs are tools. You are right, they can be dangerous, but it is the same with everything. There was a nice quote that I read once, that blaming drugs for ill health and social problems is 'like blaming forks for obesity'.

But of course people are welcome to their own opinions.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

oblioblioblio wrote:
Not sure who you're referring too specifically with this post but I thought I'd respond anyways.
I was refering to my daily experiences (:

oblioblioblio wrote:
My post a couple up was referring to the possible benefits of using LSD and MDMA in counselling/therepy. Both chemicals were some of the most promising tools that therepists had ever seen. I have read some truly remarkable cases with both. MDMA for troubled relationships/ post traumatic stress disorder, and many other personal difficulties that the mind/body had built walls around becuase of the stress associated with dealing with those feelings. MDMA allowed these barriers to be broken down, and with a good counsellor who knew when to shut the fck up, these issues could be looked at clearly by the person on their own terms.

Also LSD had remarkable success rates at dealing with long term alcoholics as well as some other very promising studies. But obviously this chemical is one to be treated with more caution.
In this context i'm totally with you.

I was more thinking about the today electronic scene, seeing young people overdoing it, thinking it will never affect them.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

@ oblioblioblio re. "the Century of the Self"

So I watched that show... its very much in line with my thoughts. So.. this Bernay is the man that ruined the world. That show was very intriguing.

I read an article this morning that anyone who watched the documentary would find interesting...

Americans 'not even thinking about buying things'
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/05/0 ... urvey.html

That documentary bothered me a bit. Its catalogs the birth of everything I hate about modern society. I took some marketing courses in college and quite frankly I absolutly hate everything about the mentality.

I am a Libertarian but I do not subscribe to any actual libertarian political party because I feel their philosophies do not properly meet the needs of a fully functioning society. I believe in the freedom, power and autonomy of the individual. It bothers me that these concepts have become so mangled by their interweaving with American propaganda.

Speaking of American Propagana... thats what I see Obama as. A propaganda tool. He is a convenient figurehead that makes amends and bridges gaps but its still the same government, same system, same country. Thats the magic of democracy. After four or eight years a new guy comes into power and all of the pasts sins are no longer relevant to the administration at hand. Thats why they all seek to distance themselves from each other. Its convenient for the nation in the big picture.

Thanks for the info about that documentary. I am into that kind of stuff.

/end tangent
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:@ oblioblioblio re. "the Century of the Self"

So I watched that show... its very much in line with my thoughts. So.. this Bernay is the man that ruined the world. That show was very intriguing.

I read an article this morning that anyone who watched the documentary would find interesting...

Americans 'not even thinking about buying things'
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/05/0 ... urvey.html

That documentary bothered me a bit. Its catalogs the birth of everything I hate about modern society. I took some marketing courses in college and quite frankly I absolutly hate everything about the mentality.

I am a Libertarian but I do not subscribe to any actual libertarian political party because I feel their philosophies do not properly meet the needs of a fully functioning society. I believe in the freedom, power and autonomy of the individual. It bothers me that these concepts have become so mangled by their interweaving with American propaganda.

Speaking of American Propagana... thats what I see Obama as. A propaganda tool. He is a convenient figurehead that makes amends and bridges gaps but its still the same government, same system, same country. Thats the magic of democracy. After four or eight years a new guy comes into power and all of the pasts sins are no longer relevant to the administration at hand. Thats why they all seek to distance themselves from each other. Its convenient for the nation in the big picture.

Thanks for the info about that documentary. I am into that kind of stuff.

/end tangent
Yeah it's sad about Obama. in the last episode of that series it gives some insights into this. basically politics is a system of working out peoples desires and creating a tapestry that looks nice to them and feeds these desires. Obama was the puppet they needed at that time. Just like Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Nixon etc etc etc. Same goes in the UK and probably many other countries.

I always thought that surely politics should be about, y'know, actually looking at the world and deciding what needs to be done and the best way to do it. rather than this horrible marketing campaign and basically nothing else.

then you add the government being in control of the media into this equation. and also businesses being well involved in this loop. and yes. the world is quite a scarily corrupted place.

Bernays, I found his actions pretty disgusting, but I think he believed there was some positivity in what he was doing. And actually he was quite sharp and creative in his decisions. But yes, he definitely helped fck things up in a major & horrible way.

So yeah. It's sad. Basically every pillar of society is completely rotten and corrupted. Business, 'politics', 'news' papers. There is almost nothing that can be trusted.

I feel like some positivity is around though. the show 'the wire' takes a very cynical look at some of these failings of corruption, whilst also celebrating some of the beauty in the human spirit. and it's getting to be very popular.

there are many pissed off people who can see thru all the myths in the world, and technology is creating more and more opportunities for people to say their messages.