What Minimal Techno Means for You? in one sentence.

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

pSsp wrote: Minimal is everything, Music is Life! the whole universe is made entirely out of soundwaves.
...and Richie Hawtin is God!

:P
Last edited by Celltek on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^^^^
please, you have misqutoed me...

that was my quote of someone else.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Atheory wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Atheory wrote:I also find that quote very funny. Its too ridiculous to me. Think about it for a second. Its just music, not a way of life.

If i dont like "minimal" music does that mean that i have to live an opulant, excessive life? Pure nonesense.

Anyway, back to business, can someone lock this thread?
and WHAT is a minimal way of life?
1 room apartment, ho heating, no furniture's, no job, no income, no food, ... ???
:D :D :D :D

excellent.

...a discman with an old dan bell mix on repeat and a glass of water.
no visitors.
A big white plate with 9 peas and 3 fishfingers for diner
Taylor Norris
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Taylor Norris »

Atheory wrote:Its just music....
Im sorry you feel that way...
Last edited by Taylor Norris on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Norris
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Taylor Norris »

*oops double post*
blockup

Post by blockup »

Taylor Norris wrote:
What else is it then?

Unless you're like one of those geeks that used to play Dungeons & Dragons so much with there mates, until they went nuts and they started to believe it was all real, and went round stabbing students with a potato peeler whilst shouting 'I Lumbo of Deepest Limbington do hereby despatch you with my +7 Ogre slaughtering steel of death.....'

But in this case you actually belive you live in some minimal universe and have painted the walls in your flat above a Fish & Chip shop pure white, sleep on a pallet painted white, removed all door handles, eat only a single carrot from the worlds biggest round plate, have a nazi hair
cut, say uber and call stuff MAXIMAL....

Its just music...Muisc you can go out with your friends to clubs to and dance to. A means of entertainment and no more.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

blockup wrote:
Taylor Norris wrote:
But in this case you actually belive you live in some minimal universe and have painted the walls in your flat, above a Fish & Chip shop pure white, sleep on a pallet painted white, removed all door handles, eat a single carrot from the worlds biggest round plate, have a nazi hair cut.....
lol

To Taylor Norris: yeah and that double post that you did!!! a bit excessive i think.

Look this is the last thing im going to say, cause this is bordering on some sort of bullying.

Music is just music. That is what it is. Sure you can say that its a way for people to forget about their troubles, to be transported into a blah, blah, blah.......... and you could say that, and i suppose its fine. Music has been a source of expression for people for many years, from the coded messages of the talking drum in africa to the blues of the displaced southern american slaves etc. Its all been said before, and its just kind of a thing that people say that they dont really have to be accountable for. Just like people can say a tom hanks performance was "magical" in whatever hacky, cliched no ideas, cash cow script he is promoting. Its just stuff people say, and so, i guess, who cares?

But, in and amongst some of the comments comparing Buddhism or its equivilant to minimal techno somebody had to take a stand. You are a westerner. Do you think that the prism that you "understand" Buddhism through is any difference than the prism that the man next door "understands" products like the car that makes him feel like he is powerful, or the jacket that makes him feel fashionable and attractive or the choice of flat pack furniture or corporate, unadventureous art work that marks him out as a individual with taste and style?

How you can on one hand talk about pairing techno/life down and simplifying it, but on the other hand clutter and confuse it by aligning it to an archaic and impracticle set of ideas. Whats more paired back, people dancing in a room to a few beats that make them move or a man pontificating over the how this music is not just pleasing sound, but infact the soundtrack to a more enlightened way of exsistence?

In many ways, the biggest extravagance a man can indulge in is self-delusion.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I agree it's just music. Have fun with listening and making it. It's not meant to be a religeon. Just to dance to.