Jay Haze interview on RA

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

peter glitch and crackle wrote: have you listened to anything haze has done lately? jays last album "children of love" has soo much chicago in it! and if you think haze tracks dont rock the floor, you have never been in the club when one comes on!
jacknine, have you listened to anything new jay haze has done? maybe you should try listening to the "dark side of the pony part2" by fuckpony for instance. or maybe you could refer to his last record on cocoon as fuckaponydelic which is a total club hit, with tons of chicago and detroit influence. or maybe even check out jay haze "soul in a bottle" your comments may be valid to some people, but it just shows me you have not heard jays new music at all.
I guess it's fair that "Chicago" is something different to everyone. You say the "Children of Love" album is full of Chicago. All my friends and I hear are a few acid sounds, cheezy basslines and lame vocals that make this entire album sound more like Progressive House than anything else.

And yes I've heard most (but not all, I'll admit) of Jay's newest stuff. I'm sorry but it just doesn't do anything for me, even on the big system.
peter glitch and crackle wrote: and sorry, but to actually say massi dl is pushing music forward, to remind you he has 2 records out. it usually takes more than that to make an impact.
When I referred to Massi DL and the others, I was speaking more of their "sound" than the amount of releases they have. You can tell by just a few listens that those guys are thinking forward, and positive.

Jay Haze has tons of tracks and has been around the block, sure. I guess my opinion is that he's past his prime and his newest stuff is ranking high on the snore-o-meter. Quantity does not equal quality.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Ha yey, this is what forums are all about!! :D :D

I thought everybody had been tip toing round things for a while,
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

JackNine wrote:
Jay Haze has tons of tracks and has been around the block, sure. I guess my opinion is that he's past his prime and his newest stuff is ranking high on the snore-o-meter. Quantity does not equal quality.
past his prime why.. troy pierce is 38 for starters.. haha...

also.. because he chooses to express himself and not just do the balls-on-ya-space-galaxy-music he one did 5-7 years ago..

make a balls-on-ya-space-galaxy hiphop tracks . ... I think that is what we are indirectly asking..

I still do enjoy playing his timeless records regardless of age.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

hes a really good producer....i dont combine the person and the music....maybe he is a prick......but hes got skills and i cant deny that