LIBYA !!

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Did you know that most of the Arab countries pay their nationals a living wage? I think in Dubai they get something like £30,000 a year just for being a national. Sounds like the wealth is spread around to me. Take Kuwait for example they don't have to work because the government has provided for them. Now they have loads of immigrants come into the country doing all the work for them.

Agreed about Western politics. We don't get shot at fair enough, but still nobody gives a fck what the public say. In the UK over 1 million people marched to not go to war and yet we still went. We have large companies like Nestle making huge donations to the Government to hide certain things they are doing in countries like Africa. We have the newspapers essentially running things here. They have so much dirt on our politicians they can do what they.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

::BLM:: wrote:Did you know that most of the Arab countries pay their nationals a living wage? I think in Dubai they get something like £30,000 a year just for being a national. Sounds like the wealth is spread around to me. Take Kuwait for example they don't have to work because the government has provided for them. Now they have loads of immigrants come into the country doing all the work for them.
correction: they have modern slavery. Their working force are poor indian and chinese workers that get paid close to nothing, get abused and dumped on the streets when they are no longer necessairy (without a ticket to fly home). Human Rights Watch is almost daily reporting cases of abuse of employees in the Emirates.

And 'most' countries? Nope, just a few Emirates. The bigger countries like Saudi-Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Morroco, Tunesia, Syria, Egypt or Lybia don't exactly 'spread the wealth'.
Sorry mate, but if you got that info from your mates, I seriously believe the people you know are belonging to the happy few in their country to be honest. Of course, they will say that it's not so bad and they will quote anything that will justify the regimes there.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I know about the modern slavery especially in Kuwait. Hasn't a huge % of that nation got obesity problems because they do fck all?

And about sharing the wealth this sh!t happens everywhere. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It's happening here in the UK at the moment.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

BLM, there is a major difference between bad things in europe , and bad things in the arab world.
you can go onto the street, you can raise your voice EVERY DAY for the rest of your life, you can DO something against the things which bother you. and last but not least, you can vote.
if you have a bad opinion about europe, then you can blame the people for it, cause most of us sit on their lazy asses, living a good life, and play music and stuff.
in syria, lybia, algeria and all the other countries, they have nothing, know nothing, and get repressed by the military and the regime every day.
Did you know that most of the Arab countries pay their nationals a living wage?
what are you talking about man, in tuniesia and agypt the people were on the street cause they couldnt pay for their food.

i can say for sure, that countries like algeria, lybia, syria, morocco, iran, iraq, jemen dont pay their people a living wage.
so what exactly are most of the arab countries?
dubai? some rich little country? seriously?
what exactly is your goal here? what do you want to tell us?
should we look the other way? only mind our own matters?
cause thats my impression of your posts.

in one day in each of these countrys die more people to guns of the police and military than in a whole year in austria.

ps: and please take no offense, its just an emotional topic :)
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Look you’re not really getting my opinion here. I understand there is a difference between us and the Arab world. I am just putting a side across that has also been put to me when I said the same things you guys are saying.

My point is do we really know enough to warrant firing missiles/rockets whatever the fck they are doing on other people? I have seen the news, I have watched the programs on it and they make Gaddaffi look like an evil cnt, but then I have Libyan and other Arab friends telling me different.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

you have friends who tell you gaddaffi is nice? or what exactly?

this guy is a maniac, the US bombed this guy back in 1989 and hoped he would just die but failed. please just google gaddaffi and look at what he has done since that.

you cant believe all reports about this guy is a western conspiracy.
but thats all irelevant now, cause he attacks his own people, you can see that on youtube with your own eyes. and not just with the police force, no, with tanks and artillery, even with air strikes.
he is not a legit representative for the people of lybia, cause he faked every vote ever. so they have the right to rebell against him and demand another leader.
but he does not have the right to kill these people for revolting against a military dictatorship.

its as easy as that.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Have I said that I thought Gaddaffi was a good person or that he was nice? All I said was that my Arab friends thought that it was none of our business and that they think the west is getting involved because of oil.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

and even if that would be the case?
i believe under every democratic puppet government the people would get more money from the oil than now under gaddaffi.

so if its none of our business. so whos business is it?
there are people dieing.
i can understand the opinion that the west shouldnt intervene, but then your friends should give us at least some plan how they are going to stop the airstrikes and artillery fire on the people of lybia?

if they cant, then its our buisness !