How has your taste progressed?

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Atheory wrote: I could talk about this stuff all day but its probably fairly boring, negative and a bit offensive to a few people.
lets talk about it some more.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

oh, i don't know, it doesn't really matter anyway.

its just really a man complaining about how peoples taste is. i just think if someone needs to tell you what to listen to (or most importantly your tastes are coincidentally whats hot!hot!hot! on a blog or on ra) then what are you djing for? who are you djing for?

call me old fashioned but i like my djs with taste and a sense of history. my mam could read a blog, download tracks and dj with ableton. but she'd probably do it with a bit more humility than most people. you wouldn't catch her talking about "BOMBS!!!LOLZ!!!" or over using the effects with at pair of sunglasses on in the dead of winter. cause shes has dignity.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

What wrong with sunglasses in the winter? 8) Snow blindness is a bitch!

About bloghouse -> You know to be honest... this week I have been considering becoming a blogger. I was going to create a blog about netlabel tracks I like. I spend a lot of time sifting though netlabel releases and every now and then I find some really great quality tracks. A lot of people seem kind of down on netlabels because there is a lot of amateurish music, often poor in quality but if you really take your time you will find some really nice stuff. I am often very surprised by some of the music that these people are just giving away. Gotta respect that. They really are just about the music... or maybe they are just trying to build a good name in the hopes of a "big break."

I still might do it.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

didn't think that I start such a bang about the "mannheim" sound and didn't think that so much people are feeling my way too! keep the good stuff up guys!

anyway I'm totally wasted and I am going to bed after a party now..
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:What wrong with sunglasses in the winter? 8) Snow blindness is a bitch!

About bloghouse -> You know to be honest... this week I have been considering becoming a blogger. I was going to create a blog about netlabel tracks I like. I spend a lot of time sifting though netlabel releases and every now and then I find some really great quality tracks. A lot of people seem kind of down on netlabels because there is a lot of amateurish music, often poor in quality but if you really take your time you will find some really nice stuff. I am often very surprised by some of the music that these people are just giving away. Gotta respect that. They really are just about the music... or maybe they are just trying to build a good name in the hopes of a "big break."

I still might do it.
I really think you should start that blog. I've always thought it would be good to have a blog to did showcase the quality netlabel stuff that comes out because in my experience its really, really hard to find that stuff.

if you got some knowledge/love to spread, your obliged to do it.
if you need a hand with writing or anything, let me know, would be up for it and have some spare time.
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

I went from dj rush to dj koze
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Mines stayed pretty similar but followed trends (if you get me?) Always liked groovey, darker tracks... In whatever medium is fresh at the time before it becomes stagnent & over produced then repeat with whatever the next trend is...

Always liked the really sparse stuff circa 2001 no matter what that stuff always had a place for me aswell. e.g early background records stuff
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

I started playing House, always into funky hard rythms... Good melodies and uptempo.

I got into Minimal about 2005. I started playing those tracks and was on the hunt for some hard stuffs. More researched to follow... I learned that Maximal is a name to the stuffs I like. The similarities are the sound samples in some cases... But very different tempos and structures and layers.

So I spent some time recently on Beatport, had an Idea to do some heavy "Maximal" as they call it. After going through about I'd say 4,000 - 5,000 tracks... I finally found what sound I was leaning to more. I put a couple of older tracks with it, I felt they added a touch.

Here is a link to the post I put up:
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

I consider this what I have grown into, more of a Intelligent, Super Funky, lots of Melody, great structure and layers. Not really too ambient... Has its moments for sure.

But this is what I have grown into after getting into it sometime in late 05...